PDA

View Full Version : Megs NXT Paste vs. Klasse AIO - Review

Floorithoney
06-07-2007, 06:13 AM
I just received my first bottle of Klasse AIO and was dying to try it out per all the great info here on Autropia...

I have a 2004 black Mercedes with a few light swirlies. The paint is not perfect (needs a good claying and maybe even a light polish). Overall it is in Good condition though and well taken care of as far as washing and waxing is concerned.

I waxed with Megs NXT Paste about a month ago and I have to say I really liked the depth and gloss of the finish. It was a little bit harder than the AIO to put on and take off and I hate the fact that it can whiten rubber/plastic. Overall I was very happy witht the finish. I use Sonus Acrylic Spritz about 2x per week to do a quick "clean-up" and she looks pretty good - that`s great stuff and super easy to WOWO.

Yesterday I decided I just couldn`t stand looking at my Klasse AIO bottle any longer and had to use it! Super easy to WOWO. Loved that! Nice clean feel and slippery.

I think overall they both did just about nothing for the swirlies (didn`t really expect them to though). Both were pretty easy to apply and remove (the nod goes to AIO). Both leave a nice finish but the NXT definately looked wetter, darker and deeper on my black car. It`s a tough call for me as I liked the look of the NXT but the ease of the AIO.

My understanding is the AIO holds up better long term so maybe I will use the NXT for summers and fall and then AIO for those long hard northeast winters where protection is paramount.

coupe
06-07-2007, 06:21 AM
How can you compare 2 completely different products?

samhian
06-07-2007, 06:23 AM
AIO will work really well under NXT. It will extend NXT`s durability. As far as AIO by itself, you`ll be lucky to get a month out of it. It`s more of a cleaner/wax than a stand alone LSP. You will get longer protection out of NXT, and IMHO it looks tons better.

johnle
06-07-2007, 06:24 AM
How can you compare 2 completely different products?

qft, klasse aio is mostly a prep product where as nxt is a last step

Floorithoney
06-07-2007, 06:43 AM
Interesting replies so far. As you can tell i am pretty new to this high end of detailing and am mostly used to just a good wash and wax. Learning tons here on the forums...

From looking through a gazillion threads on AIO it appears that lots of forum members are using the AIO pretty much as a stand alone product like a wax and have been happy with the results hence my comparison. Nice to see first hand the real differences.

My other question is if i apply NXT over the AIO - won`t the NXT paste wax strip off the AIO off due to the light cleaners in it?

I also have some collinite 845 that I use on my boat. Thinking of trying a coat of that over the AIO.

Thanks for all the great help and replies so far.

porta
06-07-2007, 06:51 AM
I would never use AIO as a stand alone LSP. Top the AIO with 845 for best durability.

samhian
06-07-2007, 07:45 AM
The cleaners in NXT are very mild and won`t remove AIO. AIO does an excellent job preparing the surface for NXT. Give it a try.

Ben Kenobi
06-07-2007, 08:46 AM
I would never use AIO as a stand alone LSP. Top the AIO with 845 for best durability.

Listen to this man, he knows what he`s talking about. If you don`t want to use your 845 try another good sealant. NXT looks nice but doesn`t last unfortunately.

joshtpa
06-07-2007, 08:48 AM
But you can use NXT topped with something like #26 and it looks outstanding, and you can get a few months out of it.

Ben Kenobi
06-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Sure you can put the NXT paste down and then #26 but I don`t see the point of it. Will it improve the look that you`d get from #26 alone? I doubt it as it would last and look fine over AIO or on its own. Of course the final decision is up to the OP. Good luck with whatever you choose.

joshtpa
06-07-2007, 10:19 AM
I think the look of NXT topped with #26 is very different to the look of #26 alone.

awahl63
06-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Go with AIO->845 it will look very very good!