PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it`s easier to evaluate when you aren`t looking !

dazco
06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
I rarely post here. I`m not as into detailing as most people here. But i do like products that work well, and therefore now and then i`ll pop in to ask a question. Well, today i thought i`d just mention something i noticed when washing my accord. I bought some of that Long haul detailer at pic n` save i`ve seen mentioned here. For $3 i figured i couldn`t lose. So i tried it back when i 1st got it on just part of the hood and i couldn`t really tell easily how good it was. I usually use wet wipe and shine, Megs, or showtime. Anyways, i put it away and just use it occasionally to clean bird spots off now and then. But today i washed my 04` accord (graphite color) and realized i was out of detailer except for the LH. So i used it on the whole car after the wash. Now mind you, i was NOT looking to see how it worked. I`d already decided it wasn`t anything special. But i wiped down the whole car. Didn`t really even stand back and look at it.....just wasn`t thinking about it. But i was wrapping up the hose to bring it back up the walkway, and as i did i looked over at the car and i swear it hasn`t looked that glossy since it was new. I stopped and kept looking at it and trying to figure out why that could be. but so help me it looked glossier than it ever has except when it was new and i was excited and putting on sealers and multiple coats of wax and all that. i went out later on to look again and was still amazed.

Maybe those who didn`t find it anything special just don`t have the right paint color or something like that. maybe it works best by far on darker colors........who knows. I can`t figure it out, but i assure you that if you saw my car every day even after i`ve detailed it with showtime or any of the others i use, then saw it today you`d notice. In any case, i`m buying more before it`s gone ! (from what i`ve read here it`s out of production, no?) Oh, and even with the car in the sun and quite hot, the streaking was almost nil.......far less than showtime. An added bonus.

mblgjr
06-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I have to admit; Showtime streaks like a drunk college guy through the quad.

Never tried the LH stuff, but Advance stores located in a more industrious part of town may have it. (I`ve been in several Advances in such locales and they tend to have it).

derek37
06-06-2007, 11:04 PM
yeah I found the LH QD works very well. Real nice on metallics.

dazco
06-07-2007, 09:01 AM
When i first got the car and waxed it to perfection, i remember taking a picture of the car in the parking lot from my window from work. Every time i see that shot it amazed me how glossy the car looked compared to now. Well, this morning i arrived at work, looked out the window and the car looks just like that pic ! I have to say, i was very impatiently looking forward to trying that new megs stuff, but at this point i really can`t see any reaon to unless this stuff wears off in the next couple day. I`m impressed to sayy the least. $3 and no QD i`ve ever tried has ever looked like this. And 22 OZ (i think anyway) to boot !

johnle
06-07-2007, 03:30 PM
28oz...

i have 3 bottles of it, i use it all the time =)

mostly as a clay lube though.

mikebai1990
06-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Hm.. I`ve never found the Long Haul QD to be anything amazing. It works okay and it`s very economical. I generally use it for cleaning bird bombs since the time I received my Duragloss Aquawax.