PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Xtreme Detailing (www.great-wax.com) products???

tailorrmade
06-06-2007, 08:51 PM
I have been to a few detail shops here in the DC/MD/VA area and a few of them wanted to put a product called "Dark Star Polish" on my Jet Black BMW 745Li. They say it is good stuff and REALLY good for dark colors. I did a search here and no one has mentioned these products before. Has anyone had experience with any of their Alien wax series or the Dark Star polish? you can find it at Xtreme Detailing Products Home Page (http://www.great-wax.com).

thanks

Junebug
06-07-2007, 06:39 AM
I looked at that site, had to hold my sides when I saw a 25 dollar foam pad brush, then when I saw a Makita for $270 - I was through. Their prices suck and their descriptions are not clear - "yellow cutting pad" like what size? kinda hard to judge on the computer. Looks like overpriced stuff that some shops get in bulk, save your cash and start reading this forum - you`ll get plenty of advice on polishes! Personally, I like the Optimum line, but there are many other good quality products.

ZeroDfx
06-07-2007, 01:56 PM
I have a Jet Black BMW 540 and the Menzerna line has worked very well for me in getting rid of swirl marks and bringing out the deep shine of black. I also suggest you do some reading on this board and pick out a line that sounds good to you; then read all the reviews of that product to see how it handles for others; then make a choice and dive in with both feet. You`ll have that black bimmer looking great in no time.

Nick

brwill2005
06-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Just curious, but what shops did you visit? BTW, I am based out of Loudoun County in NOVA.

tailorrmade
06-07-2007, 07:12 PM
The first place I saw this stuff was at a detail shop across the street from Andrews AFB in Camp Springs MD. They gloated over the stuff but they didn`t seem to knowledgeable to me and they weren`t what I would call a quality place. The second place I saw this stuff was at a place called Roadblock in Sterling VA. Now this place seemed top notch. They didn`t specialize in detailing though. They specialized in applying protective clear bras to new cars as well as paint protection. This placed seemed to have its act together. It was the absolute cleanest car place I have ever been to.

Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I have been watching the boards for some time now and I have to say that the Zaino product line, Jeffs Werkstatt stuff as well as Menzerna for polishes have peaked my interest. My plan was to have a full detail done by a GOOD shop and maintain it myself.

Side note: I was at BMW of Sterling this week and they had a B7 in their showroom. Basically an Alpina supercharged 7 series BMW. That was the hottest car I have ever seen. Any of you know how to make my paint look like that . . . my money is your money!!!!

envirocbr
06-07-2007, 07:25 PM
I looked at that site, had to hold my sides when I saw a 25 dollar foam pad brush, then when I saw a Makita for $270 - I was through. Their prices suck and their descriptions are not clear - "yellow cutting pad" like what size? kinda hard to judge on the computer. Looks like overpriced stuff that some shops get in bulk, save your cash and start reading this forum - you`ll get plenty of advice on polishes! Personally, I like the Optimum line, but there are many other good quality products.

Makita rotary?

They got them for $299.99 here in West Palm Beach, what should a more fair price be?

(My my grammar sucks today)

jeteast99
06-07-2007, 10:54 PM
I bought a brand new makita for $180 on ebay from a place in clearwater. I live in Orlando so the next day it was on my doorstep.