PDA

View Full Version : Review: TW Platinum metal and billet polish...

wannafbody
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM
I picked up a bottle for $3 at Big Lots(the Award Winning claim got the best of me). I don`t have much use for metal polishes since my wheels are clearcoated but I figured it might work on my exhaust tips. I applied some to a cotton applicator and applied it by hand. Surprisingly it cleaned fairly well. The surface looked clean and the applicator looked black. It removed the burnt on exhaust crud from the rolled edge as well. I tried some on the visible inner portion of my tips where the exhaust biulds up quite thick. It wasn`t able to cut through the crap even with the aid a toothbrush-I don`t blame the product for that. All in all it seems as if it`s a good multipurpose metal polish and for $3 it`s a steal. Ya, go ahead but a little Turtle on your shelf.:xyxthumbs

imported_GregCavi
06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Have you tried applying it with #0000 steel wool?

Greg

sspeer
06-06-2007, 04:56 PM
I picked up a bottle at Meijer for half price..it was still 6 or 7 bucks. I found it worked OK.

Seems to me that a billet type polishes are made more for a final finish rather than tackling the tough stuff

wannafbody
06-07-2007, 11:07 AM
It can`t be very abrasive as it is claimed to be safe for clearcoated wheels.

3puttjay
06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
You should try the platinum car wash, leather cleaner-conditioner, tire dressing, and interior detailer as well. You could spend $12 and walk away with some good stuff that you normally would have paid $30 for. I like their tire dressing a lot, it lasts about 3 weeks.

wannafbody
06-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Big Lots has the leather conditioner as well.