PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna PO1O6FF

anubus12
06-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I have heard how great this product is. I presume it can polish out fine to medium scratches or is it a AIO type product?

Also, the description about the product says two things:

1) It`s made for NEW paint. Supposedly, it`s used by Mercedes in the plant on new finishes. So does that mean it shouldn`t be used on cured paint or does not work as well?

2) It`s made for ceramic clear coat. Sorry for the stupid question, but does almost all current cars have ceramic clear coat? Or are there different types of clear coat depending on the OEM? I don`t want to get this product and find out it`s not made for the type of paint I have (Acura).

Thanks!

gmblack3
06-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Depending on pad and if you use a rotary or PC, 106ff can cut pretty well. I myself use it for a finishing polish on the hard PITA clear on newer vettes.

It was produced for ceramiclear, but works very well on standard clears as well.

When they say new, I think they mean the new ceramiclear clears, not fresh paint.

Vintage
06-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Depending on pad and if you use a rotary or PC, 106ff can cut pretty well. I myself use it for a finishing polish on the hard PITA clear on newer vettes.

It was produced for ceramiclear, but works very well on standard clears as well.

When they say new, I think they mean the new ceramiclear clears, not fresh paint.

What pads do you use?

anubus12
06-06-2007, 05:49 PM

So it is made for a specific type of clear coat. How do we know what type of clear coat we have on our vehicles?

salty
06-06-2007, 06:00 PM
I was made for the new Mercedes ceramic clear, very hard clear. It can be used on all clears, if in doubt do a section and inspect.

gmblack3
06-06-2007, 06:19 PM
I was made for the new Mercedes ceramic clear, very hard clear. It can be used on all clears, if in doubt do a section and inspect.

:werd:

I have used it on soft acura and porsche blacks, all the way up to corvette clear. Works find on all.

When I am using it as a finishing polish, I use it with a green propel P2 pad on the rotary or PC. You can use it with a white LC pad to get more cut.