PDA

View Full Version : Really DIRTY leather

Way2SSlow
06-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey guys,

I was just trying to get an idea of what people use to clean REALLY dirty leather. I may have a car coming up that will be beyond what my normal DP leather cleaner or Lexol can handle. Yep, it`s THAT bad. What are you guys using?

BigJimZ28
06-06-2007, 11:16 AM
a magic eraser with water only

use it lightly and do a test spot first

then wipe down and condition

Accumulator
06-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Last time I did something really nasty (light gray leather in my mechanic`s 250K-mile beater Benz) I used the steamer. Sorta worked *too* well, I planned on just doing the parts I`d be sitting on but had to do all the leather so it didn`t look weird (clean vs. dirty). Came out incredibly well, I was amazed.

imported_smprince1
06-06-2007, 11:35 AM
For dirty leather I still used the same cleaner, in my case usually Megs APC 10:1.

For really bad leather I also use a brush attachment for the PC specifically made for leather so it is safe. This aggitation really cleans the leather.

I also use steam and agree it works well on leather.

imported_memnuts
06-06-2007, 12:02 PM
2 capfuls of Woolite in 16 oz H2O with a MF towel for the initial deep cleansing. Followed by Z9 (leather cleanser) with a 10 sec dwell and MF or cotton sponge applicator wipedown. I would not stated that my tan interior is very dirty so this maybe too mild for very worn and stained leather. :nixweiss

coupe
06-06-2007, 12:10 PM
a magic eraser with water only

use it lightly and do a test spot first

then wipe down and condition

Yup yup, there isnt leather in this world that is to dirty for the ME and water.

Wetwerks
06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Since we purchased a vapor steamer we have yet to come across any leather that is too dirty. As Accumulator stated it does the job *too* well in most cases. If you do not have access to a steamer, then the magic eraser and water are a good runner up.

Walter

mblgjr
06-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Kiwi Saddle Soap

Works on the nastiest of leather; coated/dyed or true tanned, either way.

Let air dry and follow with a conditioner.