PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal...first time user

Junebug
06-06-2007, 06:33 AM
OK, my RAV4 was in great shape, currently had DG PBA&105 and AW every other wash. I was wondering if it could be improved? I washed the Rav, dried it, checked for missed spots and bug guts -cleaned with FC&S. Then I added the OS. I`m heavy handed with product so it took me a few panels before I stopped spraying too much. Although if you keep working it in, it will disappear in the paint. I finished, took a shower, helped my daughter with homework and before going to bed - I peeped in the garage, yep, I could see a difference, rubbing the paint lightly with the back of my hand, I could feel how slick it was - just like a carnuba wax feel. This morning, in the sun light it looks fantastic. I`m hoping to pick up some more detailing customers after they see my results. Last thought, even though I probably used too much, I couldn`t tell there was any missing from the bottle, so this stuff should last a long while. Sorry I don`t have pictures - maybe I can talk Brandon1 into taking a few and posting - he`s the expert on that!

GlossyTundra
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Hey man, would be more than glad to take a few pics for ya. I`ll let you know the next time I am available.

Glad Opti-Seal worked great for ya, did you notice a huge diff in looks or was it mainly the slicknes?

Junebug
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
The look was clearer than before, my paint has a ton of metal flake and they were popping this morning under the garage lights. Also, compared to AW, OS is slicker, doesn`t smell as nice, but it`s slicker.

Junebug
06-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey, forgot to add - that tire cleaner and dressing from MS worked great! You were right on the money about them.

GlossyTundra
06-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Good deal then, I had it sling a tinsy bit on one tire yesterday, but other than that, it works fantastic.