PDA

View Full Version : Is Wet Mirror Finish enough for polishing the car?

trcns
06-05-2007, 03:44 PM
I am new to all detailing products. From years what I knew was, “wash the car and polish it”. I did not know the difference between Polish and Wax. I read a lot over the web but still not sure.

Then a detailing company from CA sold me a chemical “Soft Cut” and a Wax. They told me to use the Soft Cut first and Wax it. It always worked and the car looked very shiny. That’s what goal was.

Now I bought a new car, so I started looking for better products. I read a lot about different products on the web which made me more confused. There are so many steps they talk about and so many things, that if I start taking all these steps, then I might end up spending 2 days in polishing the car only.

All I want is to wash it and wax it. (I am not using the word “Polish” because I read that “polish” means taking a thin layer of Clear Coat off the paint.

So spoke to a gentleman at ChemicalGuys.com and told him that I like Waxing my car every 2 weeks, what should I use? He recommended “WET MIRROR FINISH ULTRA SLICK NON-STICK GLOSS MAGNIFIER.” That I purchased.

Now my questions are

1) Should I still use Soft Cut and then Wet Mirror Finish or Wet Finish only?

2) If both, then should I use every time both of them?

3) Is it safe to use Wet Finish every 2 weeks?

4) Is Wet Finish is the only product I need or do I need to wax it after words?

Please help. I am looking for the best results with least amount of time.

Thanks

joshtpa
06-05-2007, 04:42 PM
You could do it either way. I dont know Soft Cut, but Wet Mirror Finish looks outstanding. It is fine to use Wet Finish every 2 weeks. I love the way a paste wax looks on top of Wet Finish, but make sure that the wax that you use, does not have cleaners in it. You do not want them to remove the previous step.

dogma
06-05-2007, 04:58 PM
I would use CG ONE then Wet mirror finish then their Synthetic QD. That`s what I do .

Awesome finish in no time at all.

Their ONE is the best waterless /rinseless wash I have used to date. I prefer the look of Wet mirror finish topped with their synthetic QD more than I do topped with wax.

trcns
06-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Okay, Now what is CG One and what is QD.

DTailN
06-05-2007, 06:45 PM
QD = Quick Detailer

Here`s a thread on Chemical Guy`s ONE

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/89689-chemical-guys-one-pics-process.html

ZoranC
06-05-2007, 06:55 PM
I prefer the look of Wet mirror finish topped with their synthetic QD more than I do topped with wax.

Which one of their synthetic QDs?

DM101
06-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Dogma is talking about:

Waterless Car wash (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Waterless_Car_wash_p/wac_116.htm)

But if it were me every two weeks Menzerna Final Polish PO 85U, Clearkote Red Moose Glaze, and then Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. Then every two weeks touch up with your PS Wax. JMHO

dogma
06-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Which one of their synthetic QDs?

It`s called Synthetic quick detailer super shine ( it`s purple)

trcns
06-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks Guys for the help. If I use Wet Mirror Finish and Quick Detailer, am I just shining the existing paint or am I accumulating a layer to protect the car from swirl and scratches on the paint?

imported_FMINUS
06-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Orngz said that WMF looks best as a LSP. Try that and see how it works. I am about to try that on my car tommorrow.

trcns
06-07-2007, 11:02 AM
FMINUS let know how it works for you. But the questions still stays as is.

Is Wet Mirror Finish puts a protective coat on the paint, preventing Swirls and scratches, or is it just a paint shiner?

JasonD
06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Wet Mirror-Finish is a one step paint cleaner, glaze, and protectant. Basically, it should clean up the paint by removing contaminents that have collected on it, and then fills in any defects or scratches you have (the glaze part), and finally, leaving a layer of protectant that also leaves a shiny wet look on the paint.

Keep in mind, this product does not remove scratches or defects, but fills them in thus making them temporarily disappear instead.

imported_FMINUS
06-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I just talked to Paul from CG and he said that the cleaning agent is so light on WMF that you should not use it as a one step. It basically is more of a lotion for your finish

JasonD
06-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Hmm, so it doesn`t clean the paint after all. That would make this nothing more than a new and improved glaze then. Sounds like using WMF after One wouldn`t be a bad idea after all.

FMINUS,

Did you happen to ask him what he thinks about using WMF and jetseal together?