PDA

View Full Version : Getting silver to shine?

Pages : [1] 2 3

grecostang
06-05-2007, 02:32 PM
I`ve been waxing my car with meguiares ice gold glass. It works nice, makes paint feel smooth and new but im looking for it to make it a deep wet look.

The paint is silver what do you guys think i should use to wax and to seal ?

kleraudio
06-05-2007, 02:42 PM
wow there are soooo many combos that look good on silver. Just do a search and it will yield tons of results.

But to answer your question, I will offer up 1 combo that works nice on silver.

Jeffs Werkstatt Prime Strong followed by Acrylic Jett Trigger. You will like that look alot!

By the way , Welcome to Autopia!

Jim

Milestones
06-05-2007, 02:45 PM
+ 1 for the Werkstatt Prime Strong and AJT. My car is light colored as well (tan/light brown instead of silver) and this is what I use.

Zaino and P21S/S100 are other good options for a silver car.

joshtpa
06-05-2007, 02:49 PM
ANother vote or JW products...But I am also partial to Menzerna FMJ topped with Opti Seal on silver...I think it looks amazing.

kleraudio
06-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Yea FMJ does look pretty sick on silver as does Zaino (Josh is shaking his head right now!)

As far as carnaubas, I just put some XXX hardcore paste wax from CG this past weekend and man does it look WET!!

There are many many many products to consider. Just buy some and experiment and let your eyes make the decision for you.

Jim

danforz
06-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Silver is one of the more difficult colors to make look spectacular, in my humble opinion. Its also difficult to get dirty as well. In any case, I`ve heard a lot about JW products on gray, though I`ve never used them. I can say that PB Natty Blue (2 layers) looked amazing on my space gray bimmer.

imported_themightytimmah
06-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I`m a big fan of Poli-Seal on silver...topping it with OS or AW adds even more to the finish.

kleraudio
06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey Tim, interesting, Ive got some opti seal maybe I will try that out. Are putting it on w/ a machine or by hand?

Jim

joshtpa
06-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I dont think you could put Opti Seal on my machine....Jim are you sure you are not thinking about Poliseal

MagicCity33
06-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Silver is one of the more difficult colors to make look spectacular, in my humble opinion. Its also difficult to get dirty as well. In any case, I`ve heard a lot about JW products on gray, though I`ve never used them. I can say that PB Natty Blue (2 layers) looked amazing on my space gray bimmer.

I say "AMEN" to that this. Here are couple of pictures of my car.

The sides to me are the hardest to get a mirror gloss on.

My process was Klasses AIO, CG Mirror Glaze, Klasse Sealant, top with AW.

I`m coming to the conclusion that it is nearly impossible to get the same mirror finish as you would on let`s say a black or red.

I took these with my camera phone this morning so it may be a little grainy.

Just had to have some photos of my baby.:drool:

joshtpa
06-05-2007, 03:30 PM
You can get a great shine, but you will not get a lot of depth. You might want to try a paste wax...I have had great luck getting silver to shine with that. As well as JW and FMJ.

kleraudio
06-05-2007, 03:30 PM
oops i meant poli seal sorry.

Jim

MagicCity33
06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
You can get a great shine, but you will not get a lot of depth. You might want to try a paste wax...I have had great luck getting silver to shine with that. As well as JW and FMJ.

I have some Pete`s 53 that I`m going to try whenever I get a chance. I also have natty`s white and blue. I`m close to giving up on the wet look on silver.

kleraudio
06-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Trust me you can achieve it. Just use different things until you get what *you* like. A sealant topped with carnauba might just be what your looking for.

Jim

zzzzdoc
06-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Just tried the UPP followed by Souveran. Mirror like shine, but not a great amount of depth. Silver is tough that way. It`s a complex metallic when looking at it, but it doesn`t have that great depth that black can get.