PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s NXT Spray

Pages : [1] 2

Mommy Wagon
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Does anyone know where to purchse the Meguiar`s NXT Generation Tech Wax Spray in Canada, particularly Calgary?

I want to try the past and just regular follow ups with it.

Anyone have experience with the NXT Generation line? I have been a regular user of the Gold Class and Profesional Line for years, just want to try something new. I only use the liquid NXT Generaion on my wheels, helps quite a bit on braked dust accumulation and clean up, as recomemded by another user.

joshtpa
06-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I cant help you with the first part of the question, but as to the 2nd part. I do not really like the NXT spray. I really like the NXT Tech Wax, but the spray streaks a lot.

BlackElantraGT
06-05-2007, 02:36 PM
NXT Spray is junk. Streaks a lot and takes just as long to apply as the actual NXT tech wax itself. It`s a pointless product.

If you can find Duragloss AquaWax in your area, that`s a much better buy and works way better than NXT Spray and NXT Tech wax.

gb387
06-05-2007, 07:40 PM
nice typical autopia answer, anyway...

Can`t help you find it but I have some NXT spray wax and use it from time to time but I am with joshtpa, it is very easy to apply a thin coat of NXT paste or liquid, it will take a little more time but not much.

hoanger
06-05-2007, 07:42 PM
canadian tire has it. I`m in calgary as well hahaha

are you looking for the interior protectant spray? the canadian tire in the NW right by silercity (now studio 54) carries it

Old Pirate
06-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Use it once and then threw it out. Streaks to much for me, don`t think it`s worth the money.

BlackElantraGT
06-05-2007, 08:46 PM
nice typical autopia answer, anyway...

Can`t help you find it but I have some NXT spray wax and use it from time to time but I am with joshtpa, it is very easy to apply a thin coat of NXT paste or liquid, it will take a little more time but not much.

Sorry that most Autopians have a more open mind when it comes to using different brands besides Meguiars. I have and still use many Meguiars products myself, but this forum has allowed me to open up and discover there are many products out there a lot better than Meguiars products.

To the original poster, who`s advice would you rather listen to? 3 of the people that said they didn`t like the product? Or the 1 person who has a Meguiar`s avatar for this board and usually posts on a Meg`s specific forum? Please tell me who you think is biased.

Thank you.

gb387
06-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Sorry that most Autopians have a more open mind when it comes to using different brands besides Meguiars. I have and still use many Meguiars products myself, but this forum has allowed me to open up and discover there are many products out there a lot better than Meguiars products.

To the original poster, who`s advice would you rather listen to? 3 of the people that said they didn`t like the product? Or the 1 person who has a Meguiar`s avatar for this board and usually posts on a Meg`s specific forum? Please tell me who you think is biased.

Thank you.

I do know there are many other products out there I have used many prior to my current collection. There are many other fine products out there, some more expensive some less expensive what ever floats your boat. Never once have I ever on any board said company X`s products suck it so common here not just against Meguiars but other products as well. There is a reason I quit posting on this forum... I understand its no loss for you guys so no worries.

PS: I removed my avatar to satisfy the requirements of this board

Thank You

pspvs
06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
I success with Nxt Spray. Use it after wipe water from panel (in washing step) just spray and apply by microfiber applicator then move to next panel. Repeat the step then go back to remove the previous panel. No streak.

BlackElantraGT
06-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I do know there are many other products out there I have used many prior to my current collection. There are many other fine products out there, some more expensive some less expensive what ever floats your boat. Never once have I ever on any board said company X`s products suck it so common here not just against Meguiars but other products as well. There is a reason I quit posting on this forum... I understand its no loss for you guys so no worries.

PS: I removed my avatar to satisfy the requirements of this board

Thank You

What`s wrong with saying a product sucks if it does? Even if I don`t agree with someone`s opinions, I`d rather that person leave feedback than not. A lot of people turned against Justin the moment he made a comment about how he only leaves a positive comment on products he likes.

But what about all the products he doesn`t like? If he was "trying to help the members of the forum" and not in it for the money like he said, then why would he rather have a member waste their money on something that didn`t work for him? Ultimately it`s up to the person to decide whether or not to purchase the product.

I`m sure there are a lot of people on here that are biased for one reason or another, so you have to take every opinion with a grain of salt and decide whether or not you trust that person`s judgement. I used to like Justin`s reviews but in the end, it was pretty obvious for me he was just an AutoGeek schill. I still order from AG, but I would never purchase based on Justin`s opinions alone.

That is the reason why I post on this board and not on Meguiars Online. Everything is censored and biased on that board.

Autopia = USA, Meguiars Online = China

mblgjr
06-05-2007, 09:32 PM
It really doesn`t streak when used correctly.

I have a bottle and like it for what it is.

I spray a little; run around the entire vehicle quickly and by the time I get back around it has hazed and is readily and easily removed.

Leaves the finish ultra slick and shiny; lasts at least til my next wash job. Make sure you shake it well prior to application.

It really is the only product out of the NXT line that I care for. The others I wouldn`t bother to get. There are much more durable waxes out there that look just as good or better.

Mommy Wagon
06-06-2007, 10:45 PM
I could careless what someone`s opinion is, but I have a reason for why I ask what I do.

My vehicles are black, and are outside being exposed to all elements almost 24 hours a day. I do not have every single weekend to detail, although that would be my heaven.

With this said, I find Carnuba waxes don`t last as long as they have on the vehicles I park in the garage, I was hoping for an alternative.

Technology has come along way in the past hundred years, there has to be a better shine with longer life, available in synthetics over Carnuba. I just wanted to try this setup.

Here`s the issue, I`m in Canada, shipping chemicals across the border isn`t as easy as it once was, and I am not one to wait for any product. I want things now, do not give me ideas that require me to keep checking my mailbox for two weeks, so if someone has a better suggestion than tell me.

I am not married to Meguiar`s, it`s just the right performance for the price, and it`s easily available.

Setec Astronomy
06-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Wow, people got a little testy in this thread. I kinda think the NXT spray sucks...but perhaps it simply has a long learning curve...too long for me when there are products like AquaWax and OCW, not to mention the new WOWA products (Z-CS, Opti-Seal, Ultima).

paul34
06-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Yea, I bought some (based on the Autopia review database), and I`m actually rather disappointed.

It smells all right, but it just streaks. I`ve never had any type of spray product that actually streaked before...and it seems that no matter how much I use, it never really "glides" over the paint. Feels wrong.

There also seems to be only a very, very minimal increase in slickness in the paint.

I don`t know what I`ll do with it...

imported_themightytimmah
06-06-2007, 10:59 PM
With this said, I find Carnuba waxes don`t last as long as they have on the vehicles I park in the garage, I was hoping for an alternative.

Technology has come along way in the past hundred years, there has to be a better shine with longer life, available in synthetics over Carnuba. I just wanted to try this setup.

If durability is a major concern, I wouldn`t reccomend NXT. I`ve had poor durability results from it in the past. I would suggest Collinite`s waxes if durability (and good looks on black) are a major concern. You can get them at the majority of boat stores and some car stores - 845 is their liquid, and 476 is paste. I`d suggest the 845, it`s better looking IMHO and the difference in durability isn`t a deal breaker.