PDA

View Full Version : FK FX-100 and ZCS

imported_DJBAILEY
06-05-2007, 04:08 AM
I friend of mine let me try some of his FK-100 as a topper on my black car. The car already had ZAIO and 2x Z5Pro (about +3 months old). The previous application of Z8 was spent (about 3.5 weeks). I put 2 layers of the FX-100 on and black looked like the wettest shimmering black pool I have had on my car. I`ve been trying to order some FX-100 for a couple of weeks but it`s been out of stock.

I was thinking of trying say 3 layers of FX-100 and then putting ZCS on top of that to see if i can lock in that look for a couple of months. My experince with ZCS so far is that it looks like a glossier version of whatever I topped it with.

I`m not too familiar with the FX-100 and read that FK products in general have a long cure times. Or at least the look will change over 1-3 days which leads me to think that curing time is extended. I have a few questions for someone with experience with FX-100 and Zaino`s ZCS.

1. How long should one wait between layers of FX-100? I plan on trying using the WOWO method, but I would be willing to try using a black pad on the PC if that is better.

2. Then how long do you think one should wait before applying the ZCS on top? I`m worried about the organic/inorganic content of the FX-100. Is a few hours good or is 12 to 24 hours needed?

imported_rydawg
06-05-2007, 08:05 AM
You should wait at least a couple of hours cause fk1 products take time to cure, but you can try a test spot and see what happens.

I have topped 1000p an hour after with CS and had great results. It seems like Zaino and fk1 like to play well with each other. I have even topped 1000p with z8 and had excellent results too.

On all the used cars I do for this dealership I sometimes use 1000p and then CS and z8 with no issues. The next day it looks even better.

I do not have anymore fx100 to test...sorry.

joshtpa
06-05-2007, 08:11 AM
I am not sure I would top that with CS. But if rydawg had no bonding issues, then he would know. Glad you found the product, it is a good one.

imported_Bence
06-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Well, I have no experience with Z-CS, only FX-100 and OOS.

When you spray your towel or MF applicator with FX-100, it will behave very similarly to the WOWAs. It will disappear from the surface and - as you could already see - leaves a wonderful finish.

Another FK1 specialty is the "package curing". Theoretically they can be layered immediately, but is is better when you allow them a short "pre-cure" time (15-20 min). If you want to be sure, wait 6 hours between applications.

joyriiide1113
06-05-2007, 09:01 AM
I have the 32oz bottle of FX100... Unfortuantely I don`t see myself using all of it. It works great, looks nice, and last a good while, but I seem to use other products...

Send me a PM if you would like some sample sizes of this. Paypal me some money for shipping and I cans end out some 2-4 oz bottles.

Joy.

joshtpa
06-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Maybe this should go in the trading post.

imported_bpfoley
06-05-2007, 10:10 AM
There is nothing better than FX-100 on factory coated wheels. It seems to resist the heat and allows for easy soap & water only cleanup. It makes the flake explode and dance in sunlight. I cannot stress enough the quality of FK products.

joshtpa
06-05-2007, 10:11 AM
You are right about that...That is until I started putting OS on wheels. It does the same thing even moreso. But the FK products are top notch.

imported_DJBAILEY
06-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the reponse. I was worried that I would have to be waiting like 12 hours between layers. Sounds like an hour between should be okay and I`ll wait 3-4 hours for the ZCS to be sure.