PDA

View Full Version : Prima line - opinions?

Pages : [1] 2

Redbird74
06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with any of the Prima line of products. I`m especially interested in Slick (QD), Hydro (wax as you dry) and Epic (synthetic sealant). I`m also interested in the others though, Clarity (glass cleaner), Swirl (polish), Amigo (polish), Nero (interior dressing) and any others anyone has any knowledge of. Any opinions/discussion on these products would be greatly appreciated. I`m ordering a large order in about a week to pick up when I visit Chicago in July and need to make out my shopping list!

SVR
06-05-2007, 12:31 AM
I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with any of the Prima line of products. I`m especially interested in Slick (QD), Hydro (wax as you dry) and Epic (synthetic sealant). I`m also interested in the others though, Clarity (glass cleaner), Swirl (polish), Amigo (polish), Nero (interior dressing) and any others anyone has any knowledge of. Any opinions/discussion on these products would be greatly appreciated. I`m ordering a large order in about a week to pick up when I visit Chicago in July and need to make out my shopping list!

Prima HQ are at colorado mate.

You will love them. Swirl is incredible as is Nero and hydro. Slick is a brilliant QD with protection. I use them professionally.

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/90316-tried-two-new-me-qds-today.html?highlight=prima

2KLS1
06-05-2007, 01:34 AM
The Prima line has some good stuff in it, you`ll like it. I have Epic and Hydro on my car right now. Epic leaves a nice slick finish, looks pretty good too. It`s really easy to apply has descent durability. I put a coat on about three months ago and the paint still feel smooth and slick. I took a couple of pictures the first time I used it but I never posted them or anything because they`re not that great and I`m too lazy to do it :p . I`m planing on detailing the T/A some time after this week and I`m thinking of going carnauba this time just because I have some Natty`s blue and I haven`t really tried it yet. Honestly though I think when the time comes though I`ll just go with Epic, I like it that much.

Big Leegr
06-05-2007, 08:53 AM
I like the products I`ve tried. Epic lasts a good amount of time (over 4 months). Clarity is a very good glass cleaner. Swirl is nice, but not for bad marring. (I`ve read there will be/is a stronger version for such tasks.) Amigo fills/polishes well enough, and when used under Epic, marring doesn`t seem to re-appear after the first wash. Mystique is nice, but I haven`t tried it enough to really say much. Slick is likely a nice QD, but I spilled the bottle shortly after I got it, so I haven`t experimented with it. :(

Wasatch
06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Amigo - Is very nice, easy on/off, leaves the paint pretty clean.

Epic - Another nice product easy on/off, smells nice too. Leaves paint slick and glossy. Durability is very nice, easily 2-3 months.

Slick - Smells nice, does not smear, cleans well also.

I put up some reviews a few months back, check them out

Still have Mystique, Clarity, Nero to checkout.

SVR
06-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Sure cut is stronger than Swirl but you can use a yellow, orange and white polish pad with it and it will destroy almost anything. Does hologram a little but my god it`s amazing

It`s like it takes the true colour from the base coats and lifts them out above the clear for a fresh off the gun look. its color restoring and enhancing qualities are incredible.

yoojeankim
06-09-2007, 05:41 PM
redbird go check out all my details. most have been done with Prima, me and nick are pretty close and ive been testing out some new products for them ;]

if any questions let me know

kapinnn
06-18-2007, 07:43 AM
I went to Detailers Paradise this Friday and got me some Slick, Nero, and Hydro. Wow! I loved all 3 products.

Nero has a perfect low-shine clean look.

Slick is probably going to be become my QD of choice. Very slick, good cleaning ability, and good smell.

Hydro is very easy to use and has some filling abilities. I just used it on my trunk and it looked great. I wanna see the durability now.

I haven`t gotten any of the polishes and compounds because I have plenty of Menzerna and PBs left. Nick was saying that Cut, Swirl, and Finish were developed specially for the PC so that is worth mentioning.

PS: yoojeankim, good to hear you are detailing at dp!!!

nonwelder
06-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Question is...could one go directly from Swirl to Amigo without using Finish?

Thanks!

kapinnn
06-18-2007, 09:20 AM
I`ll call Nick today and ask

Big Leegr
06-18-2007, 11:10 AM

Thanks!

I have. Worked for me!

kapinnn
06-18-2007, 07:15 PM

Thanks!

OK, went to DP today.

Here is what Nick said about your question:

You can work Swirl with an orange to white pad and end up with an LSP-ready finish in most cases. Depending on the hardness of the clear you might or not need Finish.

I couldn`t resist and bought some Clarity, Swirl, Finish and Amigo today. Damnit, I got no more room for anything...

shakashaunz
06-18-2007, 08:12 PM
I`m local to DP as well and like all of their products. I was there saturday to pick up some more hydro and slick. All of their products are top notch. I would like to see a paste nuba from them but they have no intention of coming out with one as of yet. They do have a super fine polish as well that is not labeled for sale. I haven`t tried the sample he gave me yet but look foward to using it.

I have broken down swirl with an orange pad with great success and it was LSP ready. I do like to go over the car with fine though, it seems to come out a little nicer.

rwisejr
06-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Funny I just got in my order the other day of there Prima Slick,hydro,epic and amigo I used the slick and the hydro and man I love this stuff so much I`m just gonna order the rest of the goodies.This stuff is top notch !!!!!!!!!!

yoojeankim
06-18-2007, 09:42 PM
+1 PRIMA!!!! haha