PDA

View Full Version : have you noticed no one gushes over optiseal?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

felthove
06-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I recently purchased optiseal because I liked the product description and most folks said it was easy to use and looks good. I`ve been reading tons of threads involving the product so that I can get the most out of it and one thing I notice is that for the most part people aren`t really excited about it.

You don`t read adjectives like "dripping" or "glossy" or "amazing", but rather that the product seems to be beading, holding up, and the like. Now I am not trying to criticize the product in any way, but I don`t understand why folks are so sterile about the product. It sounds like it has little ofthe excitement present in many of the really glossy sealants that may have less durability (eg FMJ).

So what`s up? I hear more praise heaped on aquawax than I do on this product. What am I missing?

imported_DieselMDX
06-04-2007, 10:13 PM
I like it I dont "love" it IE would not use it on my cars but for what it costs and ease of use I use it on my bigger details.

Going to try CS this week and see how that looks

mblgjr
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Nothing. The boards are finicky and it takes a couple of core members to start a hype.

Plus, its introduction was somewhat right after Zaino Clear Seal; and OptiSeal is a similar product that yields similar results. So it wasn`t anything "new" or "exciting" technology.

AW is hyped because its inexpensive and it works. Plus its just plain easy to use.

Use what you like best and what works for you. What matters is that YOU`RE happy with what you bought.

Harry Houdini
06-04-2007, 10:16 PM
After being around for a while looking for that special product. I can tell you this,

around here even zymol vintage doesn’t amaze people.

I think most people here have tried everything and simply nothing amazes them anymore

unless that one special product comes along and then you will see the front

page in every post talking about it. but again if this happens all other products are forgotten.

Recently allot of new products are advancing at amazing rate, I think we are in for a surprise pretty soon.

mbkintner
06-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Queue up Joshtpa`s post in 5....4....3....2....1 :bolt

Hi Josh, just kidding! :wavey

Strokin04
06-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I like OS and CS and on my click and brags I had good responses to both. I feel CS seals in what ever look you already have and that OS has nice warm look to it almost nuba like. I really like OS on my truck and it really makes my white look reflective. The CS I use on my pearl white Acura over Z2 ZFX and the pearl just pops! Also the ease of use for both just makes them my go to and the beading on both is awesome.

Scottwax
06-04-2007, 11:13 PM
:nixweiss I`ve made no secret that I love how wet Opti-Seal looks.

I think these shots show just what I am talking about.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2007_BMW_335_coupe_frontend2.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2007_BMW_335_coupe_front2.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2004_Ford_Excursion_ZPC_OS_rear1.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2006_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_backend.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2006_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_lights_done2.jpg

Strokin04
06-04-2007, 11:51 PM
I recently purchased optiseal because I liked the product description and most folks said it was easy to use and looks good. I`ve been reading tons of threads involving the product so that I can get the most out of it and one thing I notice is that for the most part people aren`t really excited about it.

You don`t read adjectives like "dripping" or "glossy" or "amazing", but rather that the product seems to be beading, holding up, and the like. Now I am not trying to criticize the product in any way, but I don`t understand why folks are so sterile about the product. It sounds like it has little ofthe excitement present in many of the really glossy sealants that may have less durability (eg FMJ).

So what`s up? I hear more praise heaped on aquawax than I do on this product. What am I missing?

You said that you just purchased OS, so what is your opinion of it? It really comes down to what works for you and what look you are striving for. I could not tell how durable the products I use are for the very reason that I can`t let my vehicles go more than a month before I am putting something on them. If you search you will find postive and negative posts for every product ever made.

Setec Astronomy
06-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Eh...we`re just a jaded bunch here....:D

Mobilejay
06-05-2007, 12:10 AM
You know when I first entered this forum I didn`t know what was what and there were soooooooo many different things people were talking about that I thought I had to buy everything. Well now, I have bought quite a few things that people have talked about and some of the things they liked I didnt. I realized that it was going to come down to what I like and not what everyone else likes. OS is a good product and I like it. I prefer to use z8 afterwards (which defeats the purpose I know) cause it leaves it crazy slick. I was not floored by the way it made the vehicle look(I really can`t tell the difference after its just waxed), but wasn`t expecting that, I was in it more for the protection and slickness.

thesacrifice
06-05-2007, 03:46 AM
I think the CS/OS relation hit the nail on the head.

OS looks like CS ontop of ZAIO to me, two products that barely beat OS to the shelf. I was hoping that OS would bring something new to my silver paint, but I`m no more impressed than if I had just used Poliseal topped with AW. I will continue to use it though for durability purposes.

joshtpa
06-05-2007, 06:45 AM
I really like the product. I think it adds a step of wetness to the paint that most products do not add. I dont think it does not get a lot of attention because of CS. There is no argument there. I feel as though it works much better. But to not start an argument thread, even if it worked the same, OS is a slightly bigger bottle and costs less. So that ends that argument too. I use it on almost every car, and then I love to top it with a Nuba paste.

RyanDe680
06-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I`ve seen a lot of use in the click-n-brag section, and like Scott said, he uses it and look at the results, his are amazing. To me, I think that anyone would be happy with a shine like he can obtain by using the optiseal...

dogma
06-06-2007, 03:14 AM
I was wondering myself why all the hype has died down. IMO CS was 1st and broke the ice. I have both and have used both. When CS came out I was as you say blown away and the way OS was hyped I thought it was going to be that much better. It wasn`t both products are good. To me JMO I feel CS works better for me. Durability is definately better in my testing, I have CS on my daily driver pick up and it`s held up extemely well.

As far as pictues I think there are cases for both products I have seen lots of pictures stating a case for both. I don`t put too much stock in pictures since they can be altered way too easily. As I have said in my real world that I can actually see I can`t find this huge difference people are claiming, Durability sets them apart in my book. Both look great though.

dshreter
06-06-2007, 04:05 AM
The more I learn and the more experience I have, my impression is that almost all of the look comes from the prep except for products that can hide flaws, although people here don`t seem too keen on products that hide swirls (not sure why honestly :think: ). I don`t think any LSP should get too much hype based on the look; durability and protection is where its at. I think thats the reason you don`t see a lot of taped off section photos comparing different waxes and sealants because you wouldn`t see any difference, but you see a whole lot of threads that show correction before and after, etc.

The LSPs that I think DO make a big difference in the look of the finish lose that look pretty quickly anyway once they cure in my opinion. If anyone knows good links to side by side comparisons of products I would be appreciative.