PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Rocks!!

Grimm
06-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks so much Rydawg and others that echoed the suggestion of getting the Super Intensive Polish! I ordered it along with the Micro Polish (my wallet didn`t like the price tag of the 106ff), and received it today from AG. I just took a quick moment to do a test panel with the SIP on the low profile orange pad that came with it, and holy crap, I found the holy grail I was looking for!! The test bed is my `68 Olds Cutlass that I`m starting on next. I did a test section last week with a yellow pad and Optimum Hyper Compound, and after two passes I still had light scratches. Well with one freaking pass using the SIP, the area looked better than the section that I did the HC x2! I am floored, and so excited! Being the pessimistic person I normally am, I was sure this was going to be a waste of money, but boy am I glad I decided to give it a shot! I can`t wait to get back to my black Bonneville that has been giving me headaches.

jimtriz
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I love Menzerna too...the one thing I really like about it is the "squeaky clean"feeling it leaves behind. Most other polishes leave the finish clean and smooth, but, I don`t know, menzerna is sqeaky. Remember the old Ajax dishwashing liquid commercials? The Ajax sqeak? LOL...

ZeroDfx
06-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Glad you like the polish; hope you decide to use the FTG and the FMJ as well. Once the polish brings out the lustre, the other two keep it that way. Hgas after washing every couple weeks is also a good idea. (At least for me)

Nick

Accumulator
06-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Grimm- Thanks for the report. Were you using the PC/Cyclo/rotary?

SVR
06-04-2007, 08:16 PM
106FF is worth it. I`m surprised that HC didn`t do a better job than PO83, 83 is rather weak compared to PO91L normal clear intensive

Menzerna is truly the king of gloss enhancing polishes. A wet, deep, sharp mirror finish that is ahead of the rest.

However, Prima Swirl is better IMO than 91L and 83 in cutting power, finish and pad useage

you can use any pad with it and get out with a light cut what it takes a medium or heavy with menzerna. it holograms a bit with cut pads but menzerna pisses that off afterwards

Idea - combine menz and prima together. HMM I`ll give that a whirl

Grimm
06-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Grimm- Thanks for the report. Were you using the PC/Cyclo/rotary?

Sorry, I was using a PC. I`m itching to get cracking on it now! I could tell that he polish could have been worked longer like the HC, but I was anxious to see the results. With a couple more minutes working it in, I have no doubt that with one go around on the car, it will be right where I want it. Then I`ll follow up with the Micro Polish and some Nattys Blue, and we should be golden :xyxthumbs

106FF is worth it. I`m surprised that HC didn`t do a better job than PO83, 83 is rather weak compared to PO91L normal clear intensive

Yeah, I don`t know. I tried several combinations with the HC, using a lot or a small amount. I used a regular LC orange pad, yellow, and one of Danase`s 5.25" CCS orange pads. They all worked OK at taking care of the swirls albeit in two applications, but had a lot of trouble with the straight line scratches that were left. I have a suspicion that being the old formula is part of it. And I just didn`t like how it was so watery, but from what I`ve read that sounds normal.

porta
06-05-2007, 02:41 AM
Menzerna is the king of medium and light compounds.

imported_rydawg
06-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Glad you like it also. I have tested numerous heavy duty polishes in my life and it is my main goal as total prep is my middle name. My best results for removing defects and bringing out deep excellent gloss has always been Presta on a wool. To get the same look from a foam pad is very hard to do and most of us know it after some of you have tried wool and were amazed. The only polishes that have rivaled that combo has been po83 or 3.02 on a foam pad, but without the wool mark traces. I remember last month doing that Volvo and in one pass by rotary it removed every scratch and left a very deep bottom end shine that was flawless. I did not even use a finish polish and I was that pleased with the results and had a smile on my face from ear to ear. On a Volvo that is very hard to do with the hard paint. For the first time in 15 years I have found a polish that removes scratches and leaves a gloss all by a foam polish pad. Amazing if you ask me!

I have tried all the OP polishes and compounds and they will not come close on rotary. PO83 will not leave any hazing if worked correctly. I have tested them all numerous times along with other brands and I have the keen eye for detail as most of you guys know. Though OP is newbie safe and easy to use though.

If you think it works perfecct on the pc, then wait till you try it on the rotary. That is where it really exceeds the competition.

The only drawback is the oils left behind and should be removed fast for easy clean up. If left on too long then will be a p.i.t.a to remove. Also do not work in the direct sun.

I had just showed another member from here how well it worked on his black Vette and he was very impressed. Although Vettes will require a couple passes cause of the bullet proof clear coat.

For the price autogeek is charging for this is cheap and an excellent bargain. A quart should do 50 plus cars. Very little is used.

Accumulator
06-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Grimm- Thanks for elaborating.

dshreter
06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I could start a new thread, but whatever, I don`t have pictures yet anyway. I just received my SIP and 106FF from autogeek as well, and finally got to try the stuff out. My only previous polishing experience was with optimum compound and optimum polish using a PC. On my Audi A3, the optimum didn`t work at all for me, all it did was dull the finish on my car, and scratch removal took like 6 weeks on a 6 inch square. Now I tried the SIP, and MY GOD its AMAZING. The optimum polishes are like a kids toys compared to the Menzerna when used with a PC. I can`t believe how well the super intensive polish worked for me. Got out the fine scratches, and left a super glossy finish. The optimum compound didn`t get out scratches for me in a reasonable time, and left a very dull finish easily noticeable even on white. On my car, using the 106FF seems completely unnecessary as the SIP finished down so nicely. I`m so happy and relieved because my optimum experience was a nightmare, and this is like a night and day difference in how well this works for me.

Just wanted to mention I used the 5.5" light cutting orange pad that came with the polishes as well. They`re a nice size in between the 6.5" which doesn`t have as much oomph as I`d like and the 4" pads which take quite a long time to take care of a whole car. I worked them at speed 6 with healthy pressure, and finished them off with lighter pressure still at speed 6. I only had time to test it out on the hood, but once I can get the whole car done I`ll snap some pics. I also had no problems working in direct sunlight, but as mentioned my car is white, and it isn`t that hot out side here, so I wouldn`t necessarily recommend working in the sun anyway. Wow, so happy that I finally can polish successfully.

I`m rating these products 29 thumbs up and a smiley.

:up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up :D

holmesmd
06-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Hello Guys,

I am a lowly newb and am trying to polish some scratches out of my 2003 Imola Red E39 M5. How does this Menzerna stuff compare to Sonus Restore SFX1/2? I have a PC that I have used once or twice with Sonus SFX-2. It brightened the finish and removed some of the scratches but didn`t seem nearly aggressive enough for me. I was afraid of jacking the finish up so I was probably kinda wimpy. I recall using a rather tame Sonus cutting pad. I have ordered the UDM :waxing: and am looking for something very safe, efficient, and easy to use to remove scratches. Once I master the M5, I will take on my 2006 E63 M6 that is Black and shows scratches like crazy.:wall I only use high quality microfiber except in the frigid winter when I am forced to go to the car wash:( The car looks really good but I long for the deep mirror finishes I see posted on this site. I have been reading and trying to learn here for quite sometime but any clarification about the "how, where, and what" regarding these Menzerna products would be appreciated. The M3 Looks incredible :shocked ...do you want to come to Chicago to hook my M5 up ?:help:

:goodjob