PDA

View Full Version : werkstatt caranauba or acrylic?

Pages : [1] 2

kchau
06-04-2007, 07:13 PM
i see that their werkstatt kit has every product that they have, minus the clay bar.

am i supposed to used both?

which line do you reccomend?

joshtpa
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I like both a lot. But for your color car (gray if I am correct), I would go with Prime Strong and Acrylic Jet Trigger. Then maybe some Acrylic Glos as a QD. You will love the application and the look.

kchau
06-04-2007, 07:27 PM
yeah its gray.

i am not sure if i like the sound of prime strong. and i got the regular acrylic jett, its more economical than the trigger one. do you know if the products come with foam applicators?

this is what i got:

autobody wash

quick wash

prime

acrylic jett

acrylic gloss

6 foam applicators

do you think the lambchop is worth it, or is it ok to stick with my microfiber towels for washing?

i have these thigns in my cart! just gotta wait to push the button.

joshtpa
06-04-2007, 07:32 PM
I use an MF sponge to wash. I prefer Prime Strong to Prime. Both are great AIOs, but I just think that the Strong has a little more oomph to it. AJ vs AJT is basically the same product. If you dont mind the application of the AJ, then definately, because it is more bang for the buck. The application of AJT is just so easy.

kchau
06-04-2007, 07:36 PM
is prime an abrasive? or just a surface product

and have you tried prime acrylic?

joshtpa
06-04-2007, 07:40 PM
I have tried prime. It is a very good AIO. All in one. Light polish, cleaner, and sealant. Similar to some others like Klasse AIO and Zaino AIO. I think Prime Strong gives a little more polish abilities than Prime. But both are very good.

kchau
06-04-2007, 08:11 PM
oh, and should i remove the wax that is currently on the car before using jeffs werkstatt products?

and how would i go about doing this.

joshtpa
06-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I would definately remove it. Just use the Prime or Prime strong when it comes and that should do it.

kleraudio
06-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Acrylic Jett and Prime Strong will look great on your car! Josh knows his JW products and hes right all the way. On your color, definitely AJ and PS!

Takesome pictures too!

Jim

kchau
06-04-2007, 08:52 PM
They reccomened regular prime since the car is still brand spankin new.

I will definitely Take pictures, here is what i ordered:

autobody wash

quick wash

prime

acrylic jett

acrylic glos

6 foam applicators

and 2 extra squirt bottles.

I went through 7 emails back and fourth with (unnamed), Jeff responded first, and the rest were unnamed people :)

im stoked!

kleraudio
06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Yea I would be too, get ready to be completely blown away my friend!

Jim

kchau
06-07-2007, 01:48 AM
its coming this saturday!

fedex home delivery ftw

imported_hooked
06-07-2007, 07:35 AM
You`ll definitely enjoy your JW products! I have Prime:Strong and AJT.

spotter
06-07-2007, 07:56 AM
I use the Prime Acrylic and AJT. I ordered the Acrylic to highlight the metallic flake in my silver paint. AJT is just too easy to use to not get it instead of the regular AJ.......I transferred it to a 4 oz spray applicator (very fine mist compared to the AJT sprayer) and use approximately 1/2 oz per application of my GS400. At this rate I can reapply AJT once a month for years.

I currently have 4 layers of AJT and will probably start topping it with OCW which I love to use in tandem with ONR....the way I wash my car 90% of the time.

I used the Klasse twins for years (and NEVER had a problem with SG application or removal) but the Werkstatt products are just easier to use and look great. I doubt AJT is as durable as SG (but I am not sure if anything is....) but I don`t care since all I have to do is wash my car and 10 minutes later I have another layer of AJT.

joshtpa
06-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I use the Prime Acrylic and AJT. I ordered the Acrylic to highlight the metallic flake in my silver paint. AJT is just too easy to use to not get it instead of the regular AJ.......I transferred it to a 4 oz spray applicator (very fine mist compared to the AJT sprayer) and use approximately 1/2 oz per application of my GS400. At this rate I can reapply AJT once a month for years.

I currently have 4 layers of AJT and will probably start topping it with OCW which I love to use in tandem with ONR....the way I wash my car 90% of the time.

I used the Klasse twins for years (and NEVER had a problem with SG application or removal) but the Werkstatt products are just easier to use and look great. I doubt AJT is as durable as SG (but I am not sure if anything is....) but I don`t care since all I have to do is wash my car and 10 minutes later I have another layer of AJT.

Out of curiosity, have you tried the JW CJ? I too used to use OCW, but now I mix the two, and it looks awesome.