PDA

View Full Version : OK, started taking some advice... With Photos

Pages : [1] 2

zzzzdoc
06-04-2007, 05:13 PM
I appreciate all the good advice I got asking what to use on my car. I`m part-way through, and will take some more pictures throughout.

First caveat - I have no idea how to take car pictures to demonstrate the image. I`ll entertain all reasonable suggestions.

For now, I still couldn`t see any real defects in the image (no spider-webs, or orange peel), so I avoided polishing for now (I`ll reserve that for my other cars.)

So first step was to use PUPP.

Here`s a few pictures after application with a PC and buffing:

This first picture is of the roof. The car is Platinum colored, and this was taken indoors with florescent lighting.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1298/530579165_4003b6e402_b.jpg

And this one which shows several different painted surfaces, Black on the carbon fiber gas filling area, as well as Platinum on the carbon fiber B pillar, and the glass on the side window.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1344/530579221_98b58b2981_b.jpg

Next step is to use the PS over the PUPP.

BTW, how long do I need to wait to apply the Soveran? I want to get as much protection on the car as possible, as I have a track day coming up.

Also, if this is more appropriate for Click and Brag, would one of the moderators please move it. If it`s OK here, that`s fine too.

After the PS, I`ll take some pictures outside that can show the metalic flake on the Platinum. Really doesn`t show off in what I took.

mikelea4ever
06-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I would wait 24 hrs. to apply another coat of Souveran.

joshtpa
06-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Alan,

If you go over to the Click and Brag section, I believe they have some tips on photos. Hope we were able to help you out at the meet.

Grimm
06-05-2007, 01:21 PM
If you want to focus on any defects in the picture you`ll need to either get a holgen or some other strong light to show it, or use the flash on the camera. I seem to get better results using the halogen lamps.

zzzzdoc
06-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks. I`ll check out the click and brack tips. All I seemed to accomplish was taking a picture of myself. Couldn`t really show any surface detail.

It`s actually Souveran I was planning over PUPP. Since it`s 24hrs now, off to put it on.

I`ll try to take some pictures that mean something later.

kleraudio
06-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Sweet Alan, you bought a PC already huh?! Thats awesome!

Hope we were able to help you out at the meet!

Cant wait to see the outside pictures, its a beautiful day for pictures too!

Jim

zzzzdoc
06-05-2007, 04:09 PM
OK. Souveran is on. Unbelievably smooth finish, mirror like. But not a great deal of depth. Almost looks like 50 Cent`s chromed car (God, I hope not.) Also smells awesome ( a nice added benefit.)

I`m going to rapidly look through the forum for picture taking hints, and see what I can come up with. Certainly yesterday`s really didn`t show anything.

Yeah, Jim. You all convinced me pretty quickly to buy a PC. Now, just gotta find someone to buy my Griot`s Garage random orbital.

kleraudio
06-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Good to hear everything turned out good Alan. Post up your griots random orbital on the trading post, its worth a shot.

Cant wait to see the pictures!

Jim

Accumulator
06-05-2007, 05:27 PM
zzzzdoc- Glad to hear you`re so happy with the results! Hope all goes well at the track day (after which you can enjoy cleaning it up all over again ;) ).

Oh, and just *seeing*, let alone photographing, minor marring on silver is incredibly difficult at times. The upside of that is that such imperfections only matter if you allow them to ;)

Old Pirate
06-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Man you got a PC before me! oh well. Hope you have a great day at the track! (be safe) see you next month at the meet. :goodjob Angelo

zzzzdoc
06-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Man you got a PC before me! oh well. Hope you have a great day at the track! (be safe) see you next month at the meet. :goodjob Angelo

Yeah, that internet is a wonderful thing. I click, and things appear.

Of course, let`s see what repetitive stress injury I get from the thing.:doh

zzzzdoc
06-05-2007, 07:58 PM
zzzzdoc- Glad to hear you`re so happy with the results! Hope all goes well at the track day (after which you can enjoy cleaning it up all over again ;) ).

Oh, and just *seeing*, let alone photographing, minor marring on silver is incredibly difficult at times. The upside of that is that such imperfections only matter if you allow them to ;)

Yeah, I am so not looking forward to cleaning off all of that brake dust from the wheels. With the massive brakes and the weight of that car, the brake dust will be inches deep. :cooleek: It`s bad enough just going around the neighborhood.

Old Pirate
06-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah, that internet is a wonderful thing. I click, and things appear.

Of course, let`s see what repetitive stress injury I get from the thing.:doh

When I click , nothing comes! (Joke) Like i said great ride you have there!

kleraudio
06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Angelo, ive been clicking on that rotary link for a month now, nothing has come for me either!

ZZZDoc, i crave pictures!!

Jim

Old Pirate
06-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Something must be wrong with our clicking! zzzzdoc please some more pic`s please.:bounce