PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Wax and Dust Streaking Problem?

06-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi, i need a little advice.

I waxed my car with NXT a week ago, turned out pretty good. Gave the car 2 hand washes by then.

Now after a couple of days when the car gets dusty, there are dust streaks, on top of the car (trunk, top, hood). The dust looks like it settles on the pattern of wax i applied. In the sunlight, there is no resiude of wax. But in the garage light you can see the streaks faintly, but with the dust makes it show alot more.

i assumed that hand washing it twice should of taken care of the left over residue. But apprently not.

Would a quick detailer + MF towel take care of this problem? or should i rewax it?

Thanks guys :)

imported_paradigm
06-02-2007, 11:41 PM
you should try a rewash...then go over with a QD/mf as you said. do you have any halogen lights that you can look at this under? maybe post a pic if it doesn`t go away.

06-02-2007, 11:50 PM
i dont have any hologen lights unfortunately. The car was recently detailed 2mths ago. I just wanted to bring back the water beading.

The streaks arent even apparent when the car is clean.

I`ll try the quick detailer tho. It seem to get out stuff, a normal wash wouldnt from my experience.

any other advice?

RCBuddha
06-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Was there anything used before the NXT? I`d wash, clay, paint cleaner then the NXT.

06-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Was there anything used before the NXT? I`d wash, clay, paint cleaner then the NXT.

just washed with gold class. I was goin to use clay, but the car was just detailed.

The rest of the car turned out fine with nxt tho.

any other advice?

DaGonz
06-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Let me guess.. dark color?

Was it humid when you waxed it?

You have to let the wax throughly dry to a haze before removal and allow for a longer drying time when the releative humidity is up there.

I find that misting the surface with distilled water, then wiping with a mf towel eliminates the "streakiness" that you are experiencing.

06-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Let me guess.. dark color?

Was it humid when you waxed it?

You have to let the wax throughly dry to a haze before removal and allow for a longer drying time when the releative humidity is up there.

I find that misting the surface with distilled water, then wiping with a mf towel eliminates the "streakiness" that you are experiencing.

yup, its black colored car

yeh, it was cloudly, looked like it was goin to rain. So i guess it was pretty humid. I did the waxing in the garage. The car dryed to a haze, and was easy to remove the wax. i guess i could of waited longer

can i do the distilled water + mf trick now to remove the streaking, even after almost of week and half of being waxed? (is the wax too hard to be wiped off now for waiting this long?)