PDA

View Full Version : Wash mitt brands

ty webb
06-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey everyone, I was just up at Advance a few minutes ago to pick up some oil, and noticed they had a "Mirage" mircrofiber/chenille brand wash mitt. It looked exactly like the Cobra Micro-Chenille wash mitt that I`ve been using that I bought on Autogeek. I bought the mitt and have just compared them, and they look identical. Same color, feel, and pattern on the elastic band. Does anyone know if these mitts are truly the same? It was a few dollars cheaper than what I`ve paid online, and it`d be nice to be able to pick up some new mitts at a store only a few minutes from home.

LegendNH
06-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Often times there are single manufacturers who just rebrand products and sell them. They could be exactly the same product but just sold under different brands. I`m not sure in your particular case, but I would look at where the mitts were made and if there are any other similarities.

Take computer ram for example. There are only a select few manufacturers who produce ram. Then companies buy this ram, speed bin it, and sell it to the consumer. Often times the exact same product is found to be sold by several companies.