PDA

View Full Version : Headliner cleaning

xtremekustomz
06-02-2007, 10:18 AM
I`m looking for a product to use on the headliner to clean it up. Also a recommendation on cloth seats and carpet. I`ve looked through other posts and read about folex. I really need something OTC that I can get locally that works pretty good. The stores I have around here are: Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, Car Quest, O`Reilly, Wal-Mart. I`ve got a little green machine but I don`t know if it works anymore. I will probably be scrubbing the carpet by hand and possibly using my wet/dry vac to suck anything up that needs it.

imported_smprince1
06-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Folex is OTC at Home Depot, Lowes, etc, maybe even Walmart I`m not sure.

For interiors, you can try Woolite 6:1 ... mild and effective.

Be very gentle on headliners.

PTRon
06-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Folex can be had at Lowes, Home Depot, maybe even Walmart. Whatever you use - do not soak the headliner! A very light mist and very gentle scrubbing or you`ll have your headliner coming down on you. Some suggest Woolite - 8 parts water to 1 part Woolite. I can`t stress enough how you want your microfiber damp, not wet. Another product would be 303 cleaner. You can find that in marine (boat) supply stores if HD and Lowes don`t have it. You should agitate any of the products very lightly with a soft brush. Vacuum first and last. I hope this helps.

CHAOS
06-17-2007, 11:18 AM
i was wondering about this too... i got my car back from the shop with a nice greasey/dirty hand print above the a-pillar/doorframe and i dont want to screw up the liner

93AccordLXwhite
06-17-2007, 11:25 AM
What material is your headliner made of? Mine is vinyl, I took a Meguiars Interior Brush and used it with some 16:1 Woolite. Took a lot of elbow grease but it came out better. After I protected it with some Meguiars product I forgot the name of. Something like a vinyl protectant or to that extent. I`m thinking of going back over it with a stronger concentration, as I still see some oil/grime. But hey I think it did a pretty good job of removing 14 year old dirt, and it was free(well I didn`t have to go buy anything)

HenrikP
06-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Do your best not to soak it because if you do odds are you will need your whole headliner replaced. I also recommend the Woolite solution or Folex. Both have worked great for me.

CHAOS
06-17-2007, 12:25 PM
awesome ill have to try the woolite