PDA

View Full Version : Glassplexin Based Products?

jdthompson
06-02-2007, 04:56 AM
There`s a few products out there that use Glassplexin/Temperaflex and various "glass like" silicates (think that`s the term) in them.

I wondered if anyone here is using any (I guess the Chemical Guys WMF leaps to mind) and if so how you find them at beading/repelling dirt?

It`s a bit of curiosity on my part as a fortnight back I went over my car with such a product (Fire Glaze specifically).

Now it may be because it`s poured down for most of the last week, but the thing just doesn`t have any dirt on it, nor does it have any water spots from where it`s lashed it down and then gone very sunny until it lashes it down again etc.

I`ve always tended to use Carnauba waxes rather than sealants and I`m wondering if it`s the fact that it`s a sealant and not a wax that is doing it, if it`s the glass like properties of the product or simply that it`s had a week long car wash on and off.

SVR
06-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Fireglaze pro polish normal, plus and double strength are magnificent sealants and they also will polish rubber/urethane exterior door trims with a machine beautifully

You can also use them to finish the paint for a little extra depth etc but use microfibre app pads instead of foam. It may scratch clearcoat paints with foam

Also a great glass polish.

Glare is made by the people who did fireglaze and I only recommend the infinity plus aka pro polish. Don`t worry about any of their other stuff as it`s way overpriced and scuffs the paint.

In the UK and USA durability of either brand`s sealant may be shorter than australia due to the snow, ice, salt and lower temperatures

jdthompson
07-01-2007, 11:06 AM
In the UK and USA durability of either brand`s sealant may be shorter than australia due to the snow, ice, salt and lower temperatures

Still seems to look like the day I did it.

Granted it`s only been six weeks or so but with the wet UK weather we`ve had recently it`s been pretty constantly rained on.

It`s actually nice to get good results with a dirt cheap product and be able to spend money on things like brushes and applicators guilt free.

SVR
07-02-2007, 12:56 AM
There`s no doubt that they are hydrophobic and make the water sheet away really quick and rain beads closer together, perfectly circular and taller.

As for repelling dirt, not really any good there. Didn`t notice any improvement