PDA

View Full Version : Car Cover Recommendations

dalmore
05-26-2005, 10:05 AM
I`m about to start some kitchen remodelling and will be using a tablesaw in the same general area as my car. If the weather is nice, the table saw will be in the driveway and the car in the garage but the garage door will be open - not going to open and close it before and after every cut rgardless of what I may say now.

If the weather is not nice, the tablesaw will be in the garage and the car outside.

I`m looking for a cover that will protect mostly against sawdust but will be ok for occassional outdoor use. I thinking either the 4-ply Evolution from Car Cover Store or the similar (identical?) 4-ply block-it 400 cover from Autogeek.

Any opinions/advice is welcome and appreciated.

Bill D
05-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Depends how much precipitation you want the cover to block. My understanding is the latest and greatest cover, given flannel linining is sewn inside to protect from seams, is Weathershield HD. I see it can completely block any rain,snow,etc. every time no matter how long the cover is on. When I was in the market fro my covers at the time, I did a lot of shopping around different sites.

dalmore
05-26-2005, 10:53 AM
hmm, does this mean that you`ve seen some covers that stop blocking water etc after a period of time? I hadn`t thought of that.

In my case, I can`t imagine more than a couple of days exposure and we rarely have steady rains during the summer. Just 3-4 hour showers at most. So my main concern remains sawdust.

Bill D
05-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, even the praised original Weathershield and the Noah alone, can let rain seep in even if it`s only at the seams. So, at the time I coupled both of them , the Weathershield over the Noah a la "the two cover method". My understanding is the Weathershield HD can match/exceed this set up all in one cover. It`s the most expensive cover but sounds worth it ( at least to me) if you must have total bad weather blockage. I have my two covers, got them before HD was out so I stay with them.

I`d say you might want to look into the Noah or Evolution 4 for your needs:
it ought to do ok for occasional bad weather and it will block dust.

dalmore
05-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks Bill. That`s the one - the Evolution 4 - that I`m looking at, I think.

A DC member of the year who`s too shy to post in public :lmfao suggested to me in a private message that I might have scratching issues putting the cover on and taking it off since sawdust tends to get everywhere. Anyone have experience with car covers in a dusty environment? I don`t wanna be making things worse with this cover. And our SHY member of the year is right, sawdust does tend to get everywhere. :dunno