PDA

View Full Version : Water containment?

clnfrk
06-01-2007, 01:12 AM
I am curious to how many of you use or don`t use such a system during your details. I am not familiar with the laws regarding this here in Florida and have not been using anything since opening my business back in February. For those of you that do, what exactly are you using to contain your water runoff and what is the approx. cost? Thanks.

Scottwax
06-01-2007, 02:57 PM
ONR= no need for a containment system. :)

joshtpa
06-01-2007, 03:07 PM
ONR= no need for a containment system. :)

Aint that the truth...It is so rare that I bring a hose out ever now.

BlackElantraGT
06-01-2007, 03:31 PM
According to the Detailing Guide from DavidB, I believe I read somewhere that in California if you use more than 2 gallons of water, you need to contain it. Wouldn`t that disqualify ONR also?

the other pc
06-01-2007, 05:01 PM
If that`s a code somewhere they probably mean 2 gallons spilled. With no-rinse washes the 2 gallons stay in the buckets minus towel absorption, a little evaporation and a few drips here and there. The buckets should qualify as containment.

PC.

Scottwax
06-01-2007, 06:25 PM
According to the Detailing Guide from DavidB, I believe I read somewhere that in California if you use more than 2 gallons of water, you need to contain it. Wouldn`t that disqualify ONR also?

I only use two gallons (one gallon for washing the car, one gallon for the tires and fenderwells and way less than two gallons actually reach the ground. Plus you can pour the rest into the grass which is completely legal.

Ron Harris
06-01-2007, 07:02 PM
You can use a wash matt or a Vacuboom. Both require a vacuum to suck the water into a Grey water tank.

As a business person it`s your responsibility to check with your local government and find these thing out. It can vary from city to city as to what is enforced.