PDA

View Full Version : About to invest in Menzerna..

imported_Reflectionz
05-31-2007, 11:09 PM
im gonna put an order for the whole product line this weekend. i have a few questions..

- is it sun friendly?

- does the powergloss chalk up much? (not that big of a deal)

- does the polish chalk up much? (big deal to me)

- does it have a long work time and pad dependant like the optimum line?

- how big are the bottles? how many oz?

Immaculate1
05-31-2007, 11:19 PM
your buying polishes? I like poorboys and menz. I have a few megs on the shelf too. Their heavy cut one works really well.

imported_Reflectionz
06-01-2007, 12:44 AM
your buying polishes? I like poorboys and menz. I have a few megs on the shelf too. Their heavy cut one works really well.

i think im done with megs. way too much oil for me to handle.. fusterating as hell buffing out something then turning your back and having it come back again. :wall . for now on, its all silcone and filler free for compounds and polishes!

imported_rydawg
06-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Menzerna does not chalk up.

It is not all that sun friendly. The new SIP po83 is not sun friendly at all and is suppose to be done in a garage for the most part.

The results and looks are pretty much the best there is in my opinion. Great working time and very little polish is used. It literally take 12 drops average per panel. I still can not believe the po83 32oz. bottle is only 29.99 plus a free pad and bottle. That has got to be the best deal ever. I know in the past it was like $100 for a bottle to have shipped to the US.

The 106ff is another superb finish polish.

imported_rydawg
06-01-2007, 12:49 AM
The oils in Menzerna are lubricating and safeguard oils and do not fill. Just make sure you wipe the panel clean after each use.

bryD
06-01-2007, 04:07 AM
3.02 RD & 106FA are fantastic polishes, however they are very temperature sensitive, too low a temp and they clump up, too high and they dry out, get the ambient temp right and they are probably the best polishes around

FitSport
06-01-2007, 07:11 AM
im gonna put an order for the whole product line this weekend. i have a few questions..

- is it sun friendly?

- does the powergloss chalk up much? (not that big of a deal)

- does the polish chalk up much? (big deal to me)

- does it have a long work time and pad dependant like the optimum line?

- how big are the bottles? how many oz?

As some stated, it`s not sun-friendly. And the other answer I can give you is that they usually come in 473ml bottles or 16oz for you Imperialists. :)

imported_Reflectionz
06-02-2007, 12:53 AM
decided on hi-temp instead. much much cheaper.. i got the gallon size of extreme cut and smooth cut polish. also got a bottle of optimum polish if i need to dilute any of it to be more sun friendly.

toml
06-15-2007, 09:46 PM
The oils in Menzerna are lubricating and safeguard oils and do not fill. Just make sure you wipe the panel clean after each use.

Are these oils in all the Menzerna polishes (PO85RD3.01, 106FF, and FP) to the same degree, to varying degrees, or just the 85RD3.01? I`m thinking about 106FF or FPII as a finishing polish after using Optimum, and I may not be quite so excited if these will leave the car with an oily residue that I`ll have to remove before applying a LSP like IW.

Also, what temperature range can you use these polishes with good results? I have to do all my work outside.

imported_rydawg
06-15-2007, 10:30 PM
For waxes I would just do a qd wipedown. For sealants I would definately use an IPA wipedown. It`s more like a light film, but does wipe off easily after each panel is worked on.

These oils are really the key to the ultra finish. They work together with the pricise cut abrasives and helps them break down into finer abrasives till they are completly vanished resulting in a very high gloss. The oils do not make the gloss but help the abrasives break down proper.

106ff is great stuff and on rotary it is amazing stuff. I have been using it for over a year now and is one of the best finish polishes I have tried.

3.01 has a little more, and they are more of a safeguard lube so the polish works smart and safe.

They are easier to wipe off then OP.

toml
06-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Ryan,

Thanks for the great reply! With OP or OC, I work it in and buff off the residue with a dry MF. I just want to make sure that I understand you correctly ... are you saying that with the Menzerna polishes, use a QD or IPA wipedown (depending on wax or sealant LSP) to remove the residue? Or is this an additional step after buffing off the residue with a dry MF?

Sorry if this is a stupid question; I`m just trying to get the process down.

Also, how temperature-friendly are these polishes?

imported_rydawg
06-16-2007, 12:03 AM
after polishing just do a QD wipedown. This will just help with better bonding.

The 3.01 is the only one that acts wierd in the cold weather.

The 106ff works excellent.

ramhunter24
06-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Rydawg- where can I find the Menzerna you are talking about for that price... I need to get another supply as I have run out. Thanks for the info..:2thumbs:

porta
06-16-2007, 10:17 AM
after polishing just do a QD wipedown. This will just help with better bonding.

The 3.01 is the only one that acts wierd in the cold weather.

The 106ff works excellent.

RD3.02 can also be very tricky in cold and humidity conditions ;)

toml
06-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Rydawg- where can I find the Menzerna you are talking about for that price... I need to get another supply as I have run out. Thanks for the info..:2thumbs:

Check out Autogeek (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-super-intensive-polish.html). The PO85RD3.01 is $29.99 and includes (for a limited time) a free 8 oz. squeeze bottle and 5.5" light cutting pad.