PDA

View Full Version : Ultima?

Pages : [1] 2

mblgjr
05-31-2007, 12:46 AM
So why doesn`t anyone really talk about/seem to use the Ultima/Red dot products?

Am I missing something here?

Ultima: Clearly Different (http://ultimafinishcare.com/paint_guard.html)

SpoiledMan
05-31-2007, 12:58 AM
They`re not available yet.

mblgjr
05-31-2007, 12:59 AM
My bad, I thought the site was up and running.

phamkl
05-31-2007, 01:06 AM
The site is up and running... just the products aren`t on the market yet.

SuperBee364
05-31-2007, 02:42 AM
I sure hope the MSRP`s shown on that site don`t reflect the actual prices the products will be sold for. Way too high to even try the stuff out of curiosity.

r_wain
05-31-2007, 07:26 AM
I sure hope the MSRP`s shown on that site don`t reflect the actual prices the products will be sold for. Way too high to even try the stuff out of curiosity.

Yup I agree WAY over priced. With brands like Optimum and Hi-temp out there why would you spend that kind of money? Higher price doesn`t always equal higher quality.

joshtpa
05-31-2007, 07:35 AM
With the talk of the products, it seems like durability will be the biggest selling point. I am sure that David knows what he is doing. I trust his judgement on products. However, the biggest selling point for me about the UDM was less vibration than the PC that was talked about by him. It seems as though that the UDM has more vibration. As far as Ultima goes? We will see, but his tire dressing certainly seems like a must try product. $70 for a sealant is just too much for me.

BlackElantraGT
05-31-2007, 07:37 AM

:funnypost

This is coming from a man who paid more than $1800 for a tub of wax :)

But I agree that based on MSRP on the site at the moment, the prices are a bit too high for my budget.

joshtpa
05-31-2007, 07:40 AM
:funnypost

This is coming from a man who paid more than $1800 for a tub of wax :)

But I agree that based on MSRP on the site at the moment, the prices are a bit too high for my budget.

With unlimited refills.

Strokin04
05-31-2007, 08:01 AM
How does this new sealant compare to the other WOWA sealants? It better be able to blow the others away in looks and durability or the 70 dollar price tag is asking way to much.

joshtpa
05-31-2007, 09:50 AM
I guess only time will tell.

J.J.
05-31-2007, 11:59 AM
I agree with most on here. The price is high. If the prices were cut in half, I may be more enthused, but for now, none for me.

To me durability is not a selling point, and I feel that most on here would agree that they can`t leave there car alone for months at a time. I will be moving to Ohio soon and at that point durability will be more important for me, however Opti-seal and some collinite will protect very well and cost 1/3.

Very interested in the tire and trim sealant though. $40 though,yikes. How many applications does one bottle allow?

joshtpa
05-31-2007, 12:11 PM
They say the tire and trim sealant will last a long time. But I am with you, $40 is crazy. I can buy 4 bottles of the Eimann Fabrik Tire Black, that lasts about 3-4 weeks for the same price.

imported_themightytimmah
05-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Very interested in the tire and trim sealant though. $40 though,yikes. How many applications does one bottle allow?

Hell, I got a dye kit for what that trim sealant costs... It`s supposed to last a while, but doubt it`ll beat Trim-A-Shield.

joshtpa
05-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Or forever black dye.