PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - 2000 Tacoma Revive Paint

kozzom
05-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Hi,

This is my first post and wanted to get your opinion on how best to handle the problem I am having with restoring the look of my paint.

I have taken some pictures of my truck and would hope someone would be able to tell me what type of problem my paint has, I am thinking its oxidation. I am going to attempt to correct the problem by hand but I am not sure how bad the paint is to restore it back to its original look. The entire truck is suppose to be burgundy however it has a pinkish color to it.

I believe the truck does have a clear coat finish since I found a posting that said I could apply a light rubbing compound on the car which I did and no paint came off on my microfiber towel.

I have been focusing on the problem possibly being related to oxidation and from what I read the best products to apply by hand would either be Klasse AIO , Colorx, or ScratchX. Any help from the professionals here would be greatly appreciated.

Would also be able to provide a suggestions for a polish if needed and which wax to use after the paint issue is corrected?

Thanks

Jonathan

Jason M
05-31-2007, 12:17 AM
ColorX is great for working by hand. That`s where I would start. You can follow that with a coat of NXT if you like. It`s not needed though. I would go at it with some clay first though. So:

Wash

Clay

ColorX