PDA

View Full Version : waterproof/quick drying shoes?

Pages : [1] 2 3

tommyortom
05-30-2007, 10:21 PM
I just started detailing at a Honda dealer and was wondering if there are some good shoes to wear that will either repel water well or dry fast. The only think I could think of other than work boots (don`t want them) are wake skate shoes since they are made to be worn in the water. Any other options or do you know of some good deals on wake skate shoes?

sharkrocket72
05-30-2007, 10:27 PM
its sounds kinda silly but some rubber boots would make it easy. Other that wake skates thats all i can think of.

imported_themightytimmah
05-30-2007, 10:37 PM
LL Bean sells water-resistant hiking boots - my old boss used to wear them when we were landscaping, and they held off wet grass very well. Personally, I like to wear sandals when detailing, but a dealership might frown on that.

dshreter
05-30-2007, 10:38 PM
This might not apply if you`re looking for a good deal, but there are lots of shoes classified as trail running shoes that are basically running shoes designed for hiking conditions. A lot of these have gore-tex linings so they are waterproof/breathable, like these Lowa AL-X 66 XCR Lo Cross-Training Shoes - Men`s from REI.com (http://www.rei.com/product/751085)

TrueDetailer
05-30-2007, 11:42 PM
i wear the old chuck taylors while working. Having size 17 i don`t have many options. And they seem to work well keeping my feet dry when i spill water on them.

eyesack
05-31-2007, 02:53 AM
go to your local uniform store and look for some clog-like restaurant or nurse`s shoes. I used to work in restaurants, and i have a pair of great (Brian Knight?)`s that are heat resistant, slip-proof even on oily surfaces, and stood up to 300 degree walk-in ovens that i would clean. they also provided me with great insole support for hours of pain-free labor. i think you can get some at chefwear.com or something like that. h/o lemme find the site...yeah chefwear.com has some nice ones, but look around.

milky
05-31-2007, 08:35 AM
I use and like Crocs (http://shop.crocs.com/c-4-Footwear.aspx?reqid=4&reqProdTypeId=4&subsectionname=footwear) :) The look has yet to grow on me though :grinno:

joshtpa
05-31-2007, 08:37 AM
So you are the guy that wears those things???? Good god I cannot believe anyone would wear those things. I wear Nike Running shoes. I have about 10 pairs, so when one is wet, they dry and I move on to pair #2 and so on. They are only about $60 a pair and last forever if you take care of them

cusepack
05-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Second vote for Crocs. Super comfy, great on the back and dry quickly. I`ve spilled wax, interior protectant, etc. on them, and everything wipes right off. Also, if you`re prone to foot perspiration, the Crocs allow your feet to breath, plus, as an added bonus, they`re bacterial and odor resistant.

imported_Gears
05-31-2007, 11:37 AM
How about " Keen Newport H2". Feels like a sandal and the front bumper protects your toes. They are made for water sports so they dry very fast.

I use mine for everything.

BobD
05-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Look into Sketchers. They make a wide range of shoes for different industries. I know for the food indutry they make a water resistant non slip shoe that works awesome.

NSXTASY
05-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Crocs would work, but they look hideous and un-professional. I would reccomend something GORETEX. Merrel, Solamon, and North Face (maybe more) offer Goretex shoes that work great. My brother owns a Landscaping Co. and all of his employees wear this type of shoe. THey are a bit expensive ($100-150), but they keep your feet dry.:2thumbs:

jfelbab
05-31-2007, 12:22 PM
An interesting observation. I was QDing my car with a MF and the new Meguiar`s Ultimate Quik Detailer. I noticed later that the MF was now totally non absorbent. I mean water would bead up on the MF. So I sprayed the QD on my Mizuno`s and they became instantly water resistant. Cool. Now water beads up on my shoes and runs off.

minimk3
05-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Sams club sells cheap ($15) all-weather mocs. It is made by Lewis & Clark outdoors shoes. I got one and its great in keeping my feet dry during washing.

salty
05-31-2007, 01:16 PM
I use crocs in the summer. Try on a pair and you will know why. They have many different styles and the ones most people see are the ugliest ones. Crocs Inc - Footwear (http://shop.crocs.com/c-4-Footwear.aspx?reqid=4&reqProdTypeId=4&subsectionname=footwear)

In the winter i use duck shoes. Canadian Tire (http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=140847439 6672383&bmUID=1180635105933&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442292039&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true)