PDA

View Full Version : I tried DG APC and DG 901 CWC

Bunky
05-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I picked up some DG APC. I diluted 10:1 and tried cleaning some interior floor mats and tires. At 10:1, it seemed to behave just like an instant detailer product. No miracles. On tires at 10:1 it was useless. I ended up going straight APC and started seeing betters results. I applied it to some tires that I had recently applied AA Tire Foam and seemed to remove most of it with minor scrubbing at full strength.

I applied some to my wheel wells - no joy. There is a layer of crud that needs to be removed first with some serious scrubbing. The APC did not make a dent in that..just seemed to clean the crud -- never penetrated it after allowing to soak.

I guess I had higher expectations...Underwhelmed to say the least.

As for the Car Wash, I was used to the cheap stuff so I did not know what to expect. It stayed sudsy for the entire time and the suds seemed to cling to the car rather than running off and drying. Yet, when I applied a stream of water, it all came off very quickly in mass -- very quick complete rinsing. It looks cleaner too. I like the cherry smell too. Need to buy some more while on sale at CarQuest.

TigerMike
05-31-2007, 07:52 AM
Yeah, the DG APC is not really one of DG`s standout products. I think you can find other APCs that work as well or better.

The CWC on the other hand is one of the best washes I`ve found. I like it quite a bit!

joshtpa
05-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Happy 1000th post...Tons on here have benefited reatly from your knowledge.

Bunky
05-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah, the DG APC is not really one of DG`s standout products. I think you can find other APCs that work as well or better.

The CWC on the other hand is one of the best washes I`ve found. I like it quite a bit!

Any recommendations on a better APC specifically for tires and wheel wells? The APC seems ok for interior duty.

bjackson8
05-31-2007, 12:26 PM
Any recommendations on a better APC specifically for tires and wheel wells? The APC seems ok for interior duty.

I really like the Greased Lightning Citrus APC. Works great and is pretty cheap.