PDA

View Full Version : tree sap ?!

highbl00d
05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
on sunday I parked my truck under a tree. monday morning I went to move it an of course I was bombarded by birds. when I finally washed it yesterday, I noticed some tree sap on my tonneau cover. I kinda got most of it off, but what the BEST way to get rid of sap?? Im thinking bout making time this weekend for a clay and zaino redo since Im due for a treatment...

JMK33
05-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Wash, then clay bar with plenty of lubricant. It will take some elbow grease, but it will come off eventually.

todd@bsaw
05-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Not sure what your tonneau cover is made of but straight isopropyl alcohol works excellent for taking off sap. Just put some on a rag and hold it on the sap for a bit to break it up then it should wipe right off with a little elbow grease (sold by the gallon at your local grease outlet!).

Before you use this, though, make sure you test it on an inconspicuous spot to make sure it won`t do any damage to the material. The also make plastic razor blades that help a bunch, just be prepared to do a little polishing afterward.

imported_themightytimmah
05-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Meguiar`s Body Solvent just eats up sap... a plastic razor blade often helps, too.

JMK33
05-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Ahh my mistake, I didnt see this was on a tonneau cover, I thought it was paint.

joshtpa
05-30-2007, 06:43 PM
P21S Total Auto Wash is the best thing I have ever used on this. It works like removing dust.

highbl00d
05-30-2007, 07:43 PM
sorry, I didnt mention this was a fiber glass cover... painted to match.