PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna/Optimum/SSR - Sell/Trade

Less
05-30-2007, 03:15 PM
I mentioned this in another post but I`m having trouble getting swirl marks out of my black g35. I`ve used Klass AIO and Optimum Polish with only moderate success. I`ve been frustrated about it and I`ve realized that there is no magical answer, I`m just going to try as many different product/pad combos as I can and see what works the best.

The problem is, I don`t want to invest a ton of money buying a dozen different polishes. Some of these things are 20 - 30 bucks a bottle!!

I have a bottle of Optimum Polish that I`m only moderately attached to. I wouldn`t mind trading half of it for half a bottle of something else. Nor would I mind paying a discounted price for something that somebody wants to get rid of. These are some of the product lines I would like to try, I`m particularly interested in something that will remove stubborn swirl marks:

SSR Line

Menzerna Line

Zaino Line

3M

Those seem to have the best reputation on these boards, but I wouldn`t mind trying something from Sonus, XMT, or Pinnacle if you think it might work for me.

Let me know if you`re interested

Thanks

LazerRed1
05-30-2007, 03:31 PM
I like the Menzerna line. I had swirls in my G35 and got them out with 106FF and blue Edge 2000 pad. I think with orange then white it would go quicker.

AL-53
05-30-2007, 03:33 PM
any thing else fro trade.... I have a bottle of SSR 2 and 2.5 I believe on the shelf...maybe used once....or twice...

AL

joshtpa
05-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Zaino`s Z-PC is not going to remove stubborn swirls, but it is good on light to almost moderate swirl marks. Both the SSR line and the Menzerna line will do a great job with tough swirls.

Less
05-30-2007, 03:39 PM
I don`t have much else for trade. I have lots of products, but they are mostly over the counter stuff that I didn`t think anyone would be interested in.

I can exchange cash. I was hoping someone on here might be able to send me some small squeeze bottles with 4-6 oz samples of 3 or 4 different products in exchange for 20 or 30 bucks

joshtpa
05-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Go to the trading post forum and I am sure that someone will take you up on that offer.

Less
05-30-2007, 03:46 PM
There`s a trading post forum?

imported_Yal
05-30-2007, 03:59 PM
There`s a trading post forum?

Hidden under "Hot Tub" ;)

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Less... first of all, you`re not going to remove swirls with Klasse AIO... very very tiny ones maybe...

what pad(s), machine and speed did you use with OP?

Even OP, when used with the most abrasive pads, will not remove some deeper swirling... however, on your G35, OP with orange LC pad should remove most of the swirling because the clear, from my experience, is very soft.

with that said...

I use mostly Meguiar`s stuff and I`m willing to send some polishes your way in 4oz. bottles.

I have the following and I`m willing to send it considering you cover shipping, bottle costs and some $$ for the actual polishes...

I`ll list here what I have, so just PM me if you`re interested and we`ll go from there..

Meguiar`s

#85, #84, #4, #2, #83, #80, #82, #9

Menzerna FPII

Meg`s #84 with an orange or yellow LC pad should definitely remove all swirling and pretty deep scratches on your G35, maybe even with a PC on speed 6.

#83 is also pretty abrasive but not as much as #84, and should take care of all regular swirling.

#80, 82, 9 and FPII are similar to OP cutting ability but you`re than welcome to buy a few samples.

Again, PM me and let me know what you`re interested in.

-Ivan

elitemobile
06-01-2007, 10:28 AM
i have some 3m finese it II if your interested brand new

imported_memnuts
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Zaino`s Z-PC is not going to remove stubborn swirls, but it is good on light to almost moderate swirl marks. Both the SSR line and the Menzerna line will do a great job with tough swirls.

With the proper pad selection one can remove any and all surface marring with Z-PC. If one has rotary skills this can be your only required product, pad selection again(wool-to- finishing pad), in order to finish down to a LSP-ready finish.

If Z-PC can produce excellent results on C5/6 and BMW CC, from my experience it will do quite well on Nissan/Infinity softer CC.:cooleek:

imported_etml12
06-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Less, I sent you a PM regarding some Menzerna samples.

SpoiledMan
06-10-2007, 10:13 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/89141-trashed-black-paint-vs-z-pc.html

Says it all for ZPC and various pads. *I* have only found that ZPC doesn`t finish out that well on the super soft stuff either by PC, Cyclo or rotary.

BigAl3
06-10-2007, 10:36 PM
if you`d like to stick with the optimum line, try OC. it has good work time, with little to no dusting...

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1952_20169060