PDA

View Full Version : ONR QD Color

Danin Re
05-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I usually keep some pre-mixed ONR QD on hand. When I first mix it, it`s a nice light blue color. After a few days though, it`s as clear as can be. Even after shaking to make sure it is well mixed, it is clear.

Has anyone else had this experience? It still works fine and smells the same. I was just curious about the change.

JB_TSX
05-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Same experience here... Don`t really know why the blue color disappears but I think it still works fine..

BlackElantraGT
05-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Mine stays a light blue, both in my sprayer bottle and in the gallon jug I premixed. My sprayer bottle for the clay mix looks basically clear, but it didn`t have much blue in it to begin with.

Danin Re
05-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Yeah... the lube is mixed at a lower ratio, so not much color to begin.

I did find a thread about ONR turning a brownish color, someone said due to the heat, but the stuff still works fine. As I look again, around the bottom of the bottle, before I shake it up, there is a slight brownish tinge. Never noticed it before.

As I said above, it does work just the same, smells the same and even feels the same (not slick, but not like plain water either). I have no problem with color changes, was just curious to see if it was something I was doing.

All is good.

joshtpa
05-30-2007, 06:19 AM
ONR actually turns to a grayish color in the bottle after about 6-9 months. Atleast all the bottles I have bought have. Same results though.

imported_Bence
05-30-2007, 07:26 AM
The coloring of the first batches was unstable and it turned to a brownish shade. The new bottles keep their blue color in any dilution. Product performance is/was absolutely the same. (I have both.)

klnyc
05-30-2007, 08:17 AM
Yah, I recalled my first batch of ONR, after few months it turn brown.

The recent one I got still blue for like 4 months.

J.J.
05-30-2007, 09:10 AM
My ONR turns clear after a few days as well. I dunno anything about its performance after the color change, but I do remember reading somewhere that the color addition was an inactive ingredient that has no affect on the overall performance of the product.

JJ

DM101
05-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Mine looks light brown. Looks terrible.