PDA

View Full Version : Please help with Klasse!!

Pages : [1] 2

EclassBenz
05-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey Guys, My silver 98` E class has been in NYC for the past winter with a relative so I haven`t had the chance to detail it. im just getting it back to Florida now, here is what I had in mind to do,

1.Wash x2 with zymol and simple green(to strip previously applied NuFinish) im not sure if that is the correct way to take off nufinish.

2. Clay with Mothers

im not going to polish, swirls arent too bad.

3. Klasse AIO. Do i need a special applicator or can i use a microfiber towel, also do i need Sonus Acrillic Spritz or Glanz?? i really wouldnt like to spend the extra but ill trust you guys on your knowlage. Sorry, im new to the Klasse system, i heard great things from you all and decided to try it.

4. Klasse SG, can i also apply with microfiber towel? also any tips for application would be great. I heard you should use The Acrillic Spritz to help remove it, will water work?

Also, after the whole process is done will i be able to use the Mother`s QD on the car??Also, the interior of the Car in MB Tex, it is a vinyl I think. Any ideas on how to clean it?

Thanks for the help, if you see anything i should change please tell.

johnle
05-28-2007, 11:40 PM
i wouldnt use the simple green, how about just some dawn soap?

anyway i apply klasse with a folded up microfiber towel and follow the directions.

the Klasse SG may be difficult to remove, i normally use some quickdetailer to remove whatever is difficult.

and as for the interior...303 aerospace.

codiddy
05-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Hey Guys, My silver 98` E class has been in NYC for the past winter with a relative so I haven`t had the chance to detail it. im just getting it back to Florida now, here is what I had in mind to do,

1.Wash x2 with zymol and simple green(to strip previously applied NuFinish) im not sure if that is the correct way to take off nufinish.

2. Clay with Mothers

im not going to polish, swirls arent too bad.

3. Klasse AIO. Do i need a special applicator or can i use a microfiber towel, also do i need Sonus Acrillic Spritz or Glanz?? i really wouldnt like to spend the extra but ill trust you guys on your knowlage. Sorry, im new to the Klasse system, i heard great things from you all and decided to try it.

4. Klasse SG, can i also apply with microfiber towel? also any tips for application would be great. I heard you should use The Acrillic Spritz to help remove it, will water work?

Also, after the whole process is done will i be able to use the Mother`s QD on the car??Also, the interior of the Car in MB Tex, it is a vinyl I think. Any ideas on how to clean it?

Thanks for the help, if you see anything i should change please tell.

you don`t need acrylic spritz or acrylic glanz if you don`t want them, although they are designed to go with the klasse system. acrylic glanz isn`t really a QD, it`s more like a spray version of sealant glaze. acrylic spritz is a QD that boosts the sealant glaze, but isn`t as strong. Again you don`t have to have these to get great results from the klasse twins, as probably any QD you have will work

EclassBenz
05-29-2007, 08:09 AM
sweet. thanks guys

EclassBenz
05-29-2007, 08:16 AM
i did some looking on the 303 aerospace, it looks like great stuff

EclassBenz
05-29-2007, 08:17 AM
anything else for the MB Tex?

awahl63
05-29-2007, 10:38 AM
No point in zymol washing twice or using simple green or dawn. The clay will take of the old Nu Finish and the Klasse AIO will do this as well. Have fun

beastie
05-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I use Klasse all the time.

Wash: just wash once but do it correctly and using car wash soap, not Dawn.

Clay and polish is recommended because the car will not look its best (especially if using Klasse which will tend to highlight any imperfections).

I use Eagle One Wet Wipe N` Shine QD to prime my applicators (just a light spritz or two) for Klasse products because it helps in the required THIN! applications. It has no carnauba in the QD so it doesn`t interfere with SG bonding. Not so sure Mother`s QD is carnauba-free. The EO QD is my workhorse QD, cheap and works very well. I save the Sonus for when you want to show off.

Try getting 3-5 layers of SG. You`ll be amazed (assuming you do the proper prep work)!!!!!

Scottwax
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
No point in zymol washing twice or using simple green or dawn. The clay will take of the old Nu Finish and the Klasse AIO will do this as well. Have fun

Agreed. I wouldn`t use Dawn or Simple Green on my paint.

If you apply SG thinly and apply and remove a section at a time, it should come off pretty easily.

Accumulator
05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
anything else for the MB Tex?

I`d just use the 303 to protect it since you want to try it anyhow. I never found MB tex to be very picky about what I used on it, it`s simply good, tough vinyl so you can clean/treat it with most any product made for stuff like that. OR you can even just neglect it to a horrible degree without much trouble, it really is *tough* stuff ;)

FWIW, about the only interior cleaner I used these days is Griot`s, but most anything made for that oughta work. A lot of people like to use a diluted APC or even a diluted Woolite/water mix. Don`t use something like Simple Green though ;)

EclassBenz
05-29-2007, 02:56 PM
thanks accumulator, i have some zymol leather cleaner,i think ill use that to clean and 303 to protect. i wish someone made a dedicated MB Tex cleaner.

EclassBenz
05-29-2007, 03:14 PM
another thing, i plan to use the mothers clay kit, the lube is Showtime QD, im not sure if it contains carnuaba, will using that prevent the klasse from going on?

Accumulator
05-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I dunno about the Showtime causing problems, but the AIO oughta clean it off anyhow.

I don`t think there`s any real need for a MB-Tex specific cleaner, any old vinyl cleaner will work fine and if you want something that`s definitely safe, the Griot`s Interior Cleaner will fit the bill. IMO the great thing about the Tex is that it *is* so durable, basically indestructible within reason (my dog rode on the Tex kinder-seat in a 450SL...held up great and the next owner never suspected it`d been a dog bed for a big German Shepherd). That indestructibility makes me think there`s no need to baby the stuff, let alone worry about what cleaner gets used on it.

EclassBenz
05-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks everyone, i think i finally got it all. the detail`s going to be awesome

mikelea4ever
05-29-2007, 05:33 PM
goodluck!!!!