PDA

View Full Version : Good waxes for blue cars?

ozziegt
05-28-2007, 05:20 PM
I ran out of Zaino Z1. I am thinking I might move to Klasse AIO. Any other suggestions on what I can use? I was pretty happy with Zaino but it`s just gotten too expensive. It`s over $30 (after shipping) for a single bottle of Z-AIO! I really like the durability and that is important for me since I don`t work on my car as much as I used to.

I asked a similar question about 2.5 years ago and people had mentioned the "klasse twins" but all I know about is AIO. Is there something else?

Pics of the said car with Zaino:

http://mr2.osmanu.com/boardpics/firestation2-600.jpg

http://mr2.osmanu.com/boardpics/firestation3-600.jpg

joshtpa
05-28-2007, 05:31 PM
If you want to move to KAIO (great product), You can pair it with SG, and it will look outstanding. For me, I like Nuba on blue. I would love P21S on top of KAIO on that. Or XXX Harcore from CG on top of KAIO.

quantim0
05-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Do you want a wax or a sealant? I have a metallic blue car and use a number of different combos depending on how I want the paint to look.

For a sealant you can use KAIO then KSG and get 6 months or so of durability. Or try any number of recommended sealants on this board. I like WGDGPS but it`s durability is only about 3 months.

Waxes. If I want my metal flake to pop I use WGDGPS then DP Max Wax. If I want straight crazy wetness XMT Glaze then Souveran. Combo of both WGDGPS and Pete`s `53. Take your choice, but they will all last 4 weeks on average before I need to redo them.

ozziegt
05-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Can I throw a wax on top of a sealant for the same effect? I really need the durability of a sealant.

joshtpa
05-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes that will not be a problem.

ozziegt
05-28-2007, 05:45 PM
It looks like Klasse AIO really isn`t much cheaper than ZAIO when you look at $/fl oz...hmm I might just stick with that. I have plenty of Z5 and a little Z2 left over too...

imported_themightytimmah
05-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Zaino is good... but I would go Jeff`s Werkstatt on that color.

kleraudio
05-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Can I throw a wax on top of a sealant for the same effect? I really need the durability of a sealant.

Yes you can, just let your sealant "cure" before you top it. I would wait a day. Thats just me, 2 hours is probably fine.

Jim