PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Super Intensive Polish

Pages : [1] 2

RAG
05-28-2007, 04:12 PM
I`m curious to see who`s used the Menzerna SIP available at AG and CMA and if they`ve done much comparison to other compounds in regards to cut and finish. Via rotary? How is the consistency, working time, and dust compared to PO106FF? I`m tempted to try some, as I know the PO106FF has really made me more productive, though it does dust.

Also, anybody know what the difference is supposed to be between the "new" SIP (version 3.02 I believe) and the "old" SIP we can get here in the US? Same abrasives, just more...or completely different abrasives?

SuperBee364
05-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I`ve used Blackfire`s Scratch Resistant Coumpound (which is the same as Menzerna Super Intensive Polish, also known as 85RD3.01 and now, more recently as 83Q), and it`s great stuff. It`s kinda finicky, though. It`ll clog your pads quickly and spit at you like crazy, even when using very little of the product. I use two pea size dots once the pad is primed, and it seems to reduce spitting quite a bit. But it does remove light to moderate defects very well, and finishes out great.

The new SIP, 85RD3.02, is very similar. It doesn`t spit or clog as bad, and has a long working time. Not as long as 106ff, but still quite long. I ordered mine from England and had it in hand four days later. It also seems to cut and then finish down much, much quicker than the 3.01 did. In other words, it has a long working time before it dries up, but you really don`t need it, cause this stuff does it`s work fast.

I`m probably opening up a can of worms here by saying this, but oh well... It also finishes down much finer than 3.01 does. In my limited experience, it finishes down LSP ready when used with a green LC pad. Cool thing about this combination is you can still get out some pretty good swirls and defects, and then have it finish down LSP ready. And to avoid yet another can of worms, I`m just gonna say that "I`ve had very good results with 3.02 and purple foamed wool, too." YMMV, for external use only, LSP ready results not guaranteed, see your doctor if a rash develops.

RAG
05-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Are you using the 3.02 via rotary?

It`s tempting (the 3.02 version) but I`m not even going to consider paying the premium to ship the stuff over here - I go through a ton of PO106FF and that`s expensive enough. With a little luck, maybe CMA will be carrying it soon.

SuperBee364
05-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, using it by rotary. I haven`t tried it with a PC yet.

I`m hoping that 3.02 will make it to the states soon, too. : /

SpoiledMan
05-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Seems like I had the complete opposite experience with 3.01. Use little, it works for a long time, doesn`t dust and wipes away easy.

imported_rydawg
05-28-2007, 10:52 PM
I have used both. I like the 3.02 better as it is not as finicky but once you get the hang of it, po83SIP works great and lsp ready. 3.02 will not spit as much and works faster. They are very similar though. po83 cuts very well and finishes off very nicely that you would be very impressed. Like I said before it gives that deep bottom end boom of the shine while removing all the swirls.

Here is a detail that I did with po83 (3.01 SIP)

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/89329-02-volvo-burgandy.html?highlight=volvo

If I had an option and I was detailing full time I would get the 3.02. If I were using it for private use then the po83 for the price would be the one. The 3.02 is more for the pro as the price is high.

One of the best heavy duty polishes I have tried in 15 years of searching

imported_rydawg
05-28-2007, 11:20 PM
wow..I need a camera bad. Those Volvo pics suck bad. I had seen that car today and it is so deep and wet still. The po83 really made the paint perfect and for being such a hard clear it was very easy. I use to hate doing volvos and vw`s and now they are easy with just a foam pad and 3.01 or 3.02.

The two polishes on foam really replicate a wool pad polish look. It has also take my zaino look to a much higher level in gloss and depth. My pictures do no justice and I am sorry for that. I will get a Nikon or fuji when I get the money after I get my house finished.

Here is the vette I did with 3.02 as correction. This thing in person was off the 1-10 gloss charts. It was like a perfect 100! It was insane and you could stare into the paint until you got sick and dizzy. I was overly impressed on this car. It was the biggest tip I have got and it paid for the shipping of the 3.02. These pics still do no justice on this red.

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/90343-2001-vette-red-lots-pics.html?highlight=vette

Either one you get, you will get true insane results!

porta
05-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Ryan, thats was a nice tip :D

Now I have to test the ZPC. Are you using it with a rotary or PC? I was thinking using it with a rotary and finishing pad. Would this work?

imported_rydawg
05-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Ryan, thats was a nice tip :D

Now I have to test the ZPC. Are you using it with a rotary or PC? I was thinking using it with a rotary and finishing pad. Would this work?

I use it on both. I love it on the pc as a finish polish as it brings out a crisp clean gloss on top of 3.02/3.01. As much as I love po85/106ff, they sometimes will leave these very annoying 10,000 grit marks tiny scratches on certain paints. ZPC will not do that, plus it is sealant ready. Try it on a finish pad or polish pad on the rotory.

Also it does remove light scratches very well too. Try it on your TopTool and see what it does. I think you will like it on that tool.

I love the look it gives over 3.01/3.02.:woot2:

getright
05-29-2007, 07:54 AM
I just waited about seven weeks for a shipment of the 3.01 form car care europe, buyers beware, if you buy from cce then you`ll be waiting quite a while, the other european sites are better (I won`t mention them now). But it`s good to see that menzerna is finally supplying to the good ol USofA. Nothing finishes better for me.

wannafbody
05-29-2007, 08:15 AM
I use it on both. I love it on the pc as a finish polish as it brings out a crisp clean gloss on top of 3.02/3.01. As much as I love po85/106ff, they sometimes will leave these very annoying 10,000 grit marks tiny scratches on certain paints. ZPC will not do that, plus it is sealant ready. Try it on a finish pad or polish pad on the rotory.

Also it does remove light scratches very well too. Try it on your TopTool and see what it does. I think you will like it on that tool.

I love the look it gives over 3.01/3.02.:woot2:

I noticed very fine circular micromarring when using FP2 on my NBM paint. I was really surprised that ZPC finished down better especially considering how gritty it feels.

AL-53
05-29-2007, 08:27 AM
I just waited about seven weeks for a shipment of the 3.01 form car care europe, buyers beware, if you buy from cce then you`ll be waiting quite a while, the other european sites are better (I won`t mention them now). But it`s good to see that menzerna is finally supplying to the good ol USofA. Nothing finishes better for me.

I bought some stuff from them also...and still waiting...wonder if they sent it by Mayflower...I bought from a UK site and Ireland site and got here in no time...Car care europe in not on my list to buy from again....lucky it was just a small order....

Al

SpoiledMan
05-29-2007, 08:27 AM
In my experience Menzerna polishes finish on softer paint better than anything else I`ve tried, ZPC included, when used via rotary. With the PC I found nothing that would finish on the "stupid soft" stuff.

onelazydawg
05-29-2007, 09:27 AM
I cannot believe Autogeek now carries Menzerna , is nano polish the one everyone says to get ?

SilverLexus
05-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I got two samples bottles of this stuff in a week ago but have not tried it yet.