PDA

View Full Version : AW durability

Fallz
05-27-2007, 06:11 PM
I know there are really to many variables in climate , washing technique , outside car , inside car , soap used....blah , blah.... to really give a solid answer to ANY type of product , but where do you think it would rank ???

Low durability

med. durability

high durability

This considering it is a spray wax/sealant , gives outstanding shine and slickness , not to mention you can do it in your sleep its so easy ....lol

coupe
05-27-2007, 06:13 PM
In my environment its on the medium scale

joshtpa
05-27-2007, 06:13 PM
I can get a good 4 weeks out of it.

a.k.a. Patrick
05-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Fair evaluations. There in line with my findings as well. Nothing spectacular, 3-4 weeks on average....Its the fact that its under $10.00 that makes it so worthy.....

P1et
05-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Personally, I`d say medium.

wannafbody
05-28-2007, 09:28 AM
after about a month it starts to break down for me

TigerMike
05-29-2007, 07:19 AM
I`d say high as far as the "spray waxes" go, but medium if comparing to all traditional type waxes. I can consistently get 2-2.5 months from AW, which is better than any other spray wax I`ve used and better than a lot of regular/traditional waxes and sealants. In the great scheme of things, 2 months isn`t that long, but considering the price, ease of use, and the ability to add quick protection to the paint, I`d say it`s definitely a fantastic product. Considering AW lasts longer for me than NXT, Wolfgang sealant, UPP, BF, S100, and a few other waxes or sealants, I think that *is* pretty spectacular for a spray product.

joshtpa
05-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Are you sure you are getting that protection with AW? I would think it is your base of DG105 that is giving you that protection. I love AW but have yet to see if go longer than 5-6 weeks. I have been mixing it with JW CJ, and getting much more protection out of it.

TigerMike
05-29-2007, 07:25 AM
I currently have no 105 on my car after recently polishing it off...just AW. Also on my wifes car (which gets no attention at all), I also used AW as a test mule. Even on her unpolished, rough, unclayed paint, it went more than 2 months and the beading stopped at around 3. On my car, it is lasting the same amount of time and I can tell the protection is there with it`s rain resistance and grime repelling capability. Even when it`s dying, it still does a decent job...just my experiences...

joshtpa
05-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Glad to hear that Mike. Whether in FL, I am sure plays a role in my protection.

TigerMike
05-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Yeah good point, and as always YMMV. External factors will always play a role in any product`s performance. In harsher climates, I can see that it may last little more than a month...we have pretty mild, dry weather here most of the time, so maybe that`s why it lasts a bit longer on average...

AL-53
05-29-2007, 07:38 AM
I used 105 as my winter protection this year and I applied it in Sept...come May it was still looking great and beading ..I used AW twice during the winter when I could wash the truck in a spray bay with my soap and thier rinse water...

Last year I used 111 on my GF`s Honda in November and it held up all winter also...so for the durabilty I would say it is very good....and the price makes it a real winner.....

The road salt seemed to kill other sealants I used in the winter except Klasse SG ..DG just shrugged the salt off...DG has proved its powers to me...

AL

joshtpa
05-29-2007, 07:43 AM
I would kill for dry weather right now...It isnt raining so much, but the humidity is heavy. And of course the love bugs are worse than they have ever been.