PDA

View Full Version : 2 minute engine detail

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Jngrbrdman
05-27-2007, 05:54 PM
What: CD2 Engine Detailer

Where: Right now Amazon and Ebay are the only two places I can find it.

How Much: mmmm.... about ten bucks a can unless you buy it for about $45 for a case of 6. Not cheap, but it will do what I`m showing here about five or six times a can.

How To Use: This engine was just dusty, so I didn`t use a drop of water to rinse it and I didn`t use any other degreaser. I just sprayed the CD2 on and shut the hood. 20 minutes later I buffed the drips out and it looked like new. It`s the fastest engine detail you can do.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01412.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01417.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01414.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01415.jpg

20 minutes later after buffing off the drips:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01438.jpg

imported_bigfoot
05-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Nice detail! What did you used to buff it out?

imported_GregCavi
05-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Nice work. I could see that the before engine was a bit fuzzy. You definitely got that cleaned up.

Greg

Jngrbrdman
05-27-2007, 06:00 PM
I`ve got a few Cobra microfiber towels that I got waaaay back when that I use for engine detailing now. The can says that you don`t have to buff it off, but I`ve found that it will bead up in some areas and a light wipe down after it has sat for maybe 20 or 30 minutes really helps. If you wipe it down too soon then you lose the gloss.

The great thing about this product is that it isn`t greasy and a dust magnet after you use it. It shines and protects hoses and plastics and looks terrific. It really makes detailing hoses and engine covers much easier and much quicker. I really wish I could find a substitute that was as easy to use. I`ve found things that look this good, but they have to be wiped on and take forever. CD2 is in an aerosal can and couldn`t be any faster to apply. Turtle Wax still has it on their site, so I don`t know why it isn`t easier to find.

imported_GregCavi
05-27-2007, 06:11 PM
I`ve got a few Cobra microfiber towels that I got waaaay back when that I use for engine detailing now. The can says that you don`t have to buff it off, but I`ve found that it will bead up in some areas and a light wipe down after it has sat for maybe 20 or 30 minutes really helps. If you wipe it down too soon then you lose the gloss.

The great thing about this product is that it isn`t greasy and a dust magnet after you use it. It shines and protects hoses and plastics and looks terrific. It really makes detailing hoses and engine covers much easier and much quicker. I really wish I could find a substitute that was as easy to use. I`ve found things that look this good, but they have to be wiped on and take forever. CD2 is in an aerosal can and couldn`t be any faster to apply. Turtle Wax still has it on their site, so I don`t know why it isn`t easier to find.

Apply meguiars hyper dressing in a similar way. After cleaning, I spray it on, shut the hood, and come back an hour later. I find that hyper dressing dries to hoses evenly and the only areas that I really need to wipe off are the larger covers, etc, and not the hoses. You might give it a shot.

Greg

Jngrbrdman
05-27-2007, 06:48 PM
I`ve heard that before. I almost bought a gallon of it once when I saw it at my Meguiar`s distributor`s place. I`ll have to give it a shot.

imported_paradigm
05-27-2007, 07:06 PM
looks great...thanks for the pics. i haven`t done many engine details for customers...errr...none actually. on my own, i`ve just maintained with wiping it down with ONR. 303 every other other other time or so to protect. my TL is covered under the hood as much or more than what your pics show, so there isn`t much to do. when i get bored i take the covers off and wipe it down, but there is never much there.

mblgjr
05-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Looks nice; but way too glossy for me.

I really like Meg`s Hyper @ 3:1 (after cleaning w/Simple Green); certainly not as fast though.

SuperBee364
05-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Amazing stuff... Just ordered some of it off of Amazon. Couldn`t find it on ebay. How close to the South Jordan area are you, Jngrbrdman?

Jngrbrdman
05-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Pretty close, actually. I`m in Taylorsville at about 50th south and 3600 west.

SuperBee364
05-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I`m out in Daybreak... 114th and Bangerter. It`d be great to get together on a detail sometime.

PhatHoodDetail
05-28-2007, 04:14 PM
yeah hold on to that cd2 engine detailer u got gold in your hand right there

'03 CTD
05-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Looks like I might need to try it out, Thanks for the pictures.

Scottwax
05-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Looks like I have a new product to try. Thanks for the review and pictures. :)

Jngrbrdman
05-28-2007, 07:14 PM
I`m out in Daybreak... 114th and Bangerter. It`d be great to get together on a detail sometime.

Ah yes. I used to work out in Riverton next to the Intel building. I drove by Daybreak every day. You are a whopping ten minutes from my house. I just had a Spring Cleaning workshop at my place a couple weeks ago and we are planning a `clean car show` later in June. I`ll have to keep you posted. :)