PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to OCW/Optimum rave

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fallz
05-27-2007, 03:10 PM
This used to be the hot number and all the rave ....... That was everyones flavor of the month for a long time.

People don`t use it anymore ??

With all the rave about AW & spray wax ect... the OCW offers great protection ( 5 mo per the bottle) , depth with the poly/nuba blend , wet , deep shine .....what gives ??

I hear the new Opti-seal being mentioned here and there.

joshtpa
05-27-2007, 03:30 PM
OCW is still talked about quite a bit...

imported_GregCavi
05-27-2007, 03:44 PM
For me, I found better things. I use it from time to time on jambs, etc. Durability was an issue for me. I could get about 1.5 months tops from the product durability wise. Not bad for a spray product.

Greg

joshtpa
05-27-2007, 03:46 PM
I always got much better durability than that. Usually somewhere around 3 months. Another member recommending me mixing it with JW CJ, and the look is outstanding when mixed.

Bigpoppa3346
05-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Opti-Seal is a great product, very easy to use and great looks. Durability testing for me is still in the works, though. Honestly, I find the Menzerna polishes to be better than Optimum, giving me more cut and a better finish. Their tire dressing is very nice, as is their Protectant Plus. Plus, ONR can`t be beat for rinseless washing. Overall a very solid line, IMO.

joshtpa
05-27-2007, 03:58 PM
I believe he was speaking more of OCW.

usdm
05-27-2007, 04:18 PM
For me, I found better things. I use it from time to time on jambs, etc. Durability was an issue for me. I could get about 1.5 months tops from the product durability wise. Not bad for a spray product.

Greg

I honestly cant say that my experience with OCW has been any different: looks nice, and lacks durabilty. But for a quick job, or after a weekly wash, this works well.

SpoiledMan
05-27-2007, 04:38 PM

Greg

I`ll third that.

Way2SSlow
05-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I really like OCW. I`ll use it as an LSP when I`m crunched for time, and I use it after washes for a little extra pop. I`ve been using Optimum polish and Poli Seal on just about every car I detail anymore. I`ve been in a paste mood lately, though so most all the cars I`m doing are getting DP Max Wax, Poorboy`s Natty`s or Pinnacle Souveran.

Pats300zx
05-27-2007, 05:12 PM
I love OCW. I bought a bunch when it first came out. I flip flop between OCW and AW. These products save me time when I want something more than a QD but don`t feel like breaking out a wax. To me there are no better spray waxes available.

OP/OC is a great polish combo that I have been using lately.

joshtpa
05-27-2007, 05:15 PM
I love OCW. I bought a bunch when it first came out. I flip flop between OCW and AW. These products save me time when I want something more than a QD but don`t feel like breaking out a wax. To me there are no better spray waxes available.

OP/OC is a great polish combo that I have been using lately.

I too love OCW, but I have to say, that JW CJ is by far the best spray wax I have tried.

Thomss
05-27-2007, 05:32 PM
I still have a bottle of OCW and find it good, but use Chemical Guys Bltiz and Aquawax a little more these days, both excellent products imo.

Fallz
05-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Chemical guys has came out with some nice products.

As far as AW , I still think it is an awesome product.

imported_themightytimmah
05-27-2007, 06:31 PM
I polished off my gallon of OCW and decided to replace it with Opti-Seal - it gives better protection, a better look, and easier use.

Scottwax
05-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I still use a lot of Optimum products. Poli-Seal and Opti-Seal have both made my life easier with how well they work and how easy both are to use.

FWIW, OCW is being reformulated for easier use and more durability. It has been on the market 5 years now and Dave at Optimum wants to see if there is room for improvement. I have a small test bottle of a new version (don`t know if is THE new version) that goes on and off QD easy. Not sure about durability because I`ve only had it a couple of weeks.