PDA

View Full Version : Mystery of the gritty cars: solved

metload1
05-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Ok, maybe some of you saw a thread I posted a while back about the fact that when I detail a car it`s dirty again in about 10 minutes.

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/89479-gritty-cars.html

Well, it`s solved. I didn`t realize it, but pine trees "dust". I just found out from my neighbor next door. I was eating some breakfast outside thinking about it, and wondering if that`s what it really was or not, and then I saw it... a horrendous cloud of crap flying off the row of pine trees next to my house. I couldn`t beleive how much of this pine tree dust was in the air. I`ve never had this problem before and never seen it either. Weird. I hope it stops soon because it`s preventing me from detailing cars, and that sucks. Anyone else had this problem before?

BlueLibby04
05-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Yup, pine trees put off ALOT of pollen..

imported_paradigm
05-27-2007, 09:04 PM
yup...when i brush against some of the pines in my yard when cutting the grass...HUGE clouds of pollen fly off of them.

mblgjr
05-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Haha; try parking between two parallel rows of `em. 5 on each side....

My white pickup turns yellow in an afternoon sometimes.

derek37
05-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Haha; try parking between two parallel rows of `em. 5 on each side....

My white pickup turns yellow in an afternoon sometimes.

I`d move it.

dave40co
05-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Cut down the trees!

V8burble
05-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Talking of gritty cars, I have the problem of the Sahara desert landing on my cars whenever there is even the lightest of rain. It gets whipped up into the atmosphere and dragged down by the rain - great! Give me pine pollen any day LOL.

metload1
05-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Sounds like a lot of people have this problem! At least I`m not alone. No wonder my allergies get so bad when I mow the lawn in the spring... I guess I didn`t associate pine trees with pollen before, kinda dumb of me lol.

mblgjr
05-28-2007, 04:54 PM
I`d move it.

Can`t :wall

Cut down the trees!

I did some of them! :bat