PDA

View Full Version : AG CCS 6.5" pads already showing wear...

danforz
05-27-2007, 02:47 AM
After less then a dozen uses I`m seeing wear and tear on these pads. Isn`t it too early? I take good care of them... when washing I put them in the wash machine with no spin and then air dried in the drier with no spin either. Any ideas why this is happening?

mikebai1990
05-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Which color pad is it? I have used my white pad about 3-4 times and they seem to be fine. I`m washing them by soaking in Woolite/Simple Green solution, squeeze dry, and then air dry.

joshtpa
05-27-2007, 08:20 AM
How do you air dry in the dryer with no spin? Curious? I have an LG front loading dryer, and I wish it could do that.

uzj100
05-27-2007, 09:07 AM
I think he means he soaks them, agitates them a bit, rinses them and squeezes out excess water etc all by hand, then places them flat some place (work bench or?) and lets them dry that way. No machine washer or dryer involved.

joshtpa
05-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Read it again, he definately is using a washer and dryer...I use them too. He says he puts them in the wash machine and then in the dryer. I use this system, but wanted to know about air drying in the dryer.

kleraudio
05-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Air drying in the dryer sounds pretty bada$$. How is it accomplished?

Jim

P1et
05-27-2007, 09:26 AM
I`ve been seeing a lot of people have durability issues with their CCS pads, which makes me weary in buying them.

kleraudio
05-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Yea, my white 5.25" CCS pad is trashed after 2 uses. The center is practically falling apart. I like AG`s 5.5" low profile foam pads the best.

Jim

uzj100
05-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Read it again, he definately is using a washer and dryer...I use them too. He says he puts them in the wash machine and then in the dryer. I use this system, but wanted to know about air drying in the dryer.

D`oh, you`re right--I was responding to mike`s post below his

I`m washing them by soaking in Woolite/Simple Green solution, squeeze dry, and then air dry.

I wash mine in the machine as well, but I set them on a flat surface on a towel and let them air dry

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-27-2007, 12:43 PM
OP what kind of wear are you talking about?

Is the backing coming off or is the foam roughed up and ripped in places??

Are you using rotary or PC?

I just started using the PC (I use rotary all the time but wanted to practice the PC as well) and haven`t had any problems, but it seems many using the PC are seeing their backing plates and pads heat up too much and deform...

danforz
05-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Which color pad is it? I have used my white pad about 3-4 times and they seem to be fine. I`m washing them by soaking in Woolite/Simple Green solution, squeeze dry, and then air dry.

I`m specifically seeing the wear on my white and orange pads. The white is 6.5" and the orange 5".

danforz
05-27-2007, 01:24 PM
How do you air dry in the dryer with no spin? Curious? I have an LG front loading dryer, and I wish it could do that.

I just set my drier to air dry and super delicate, and I`m pretty sure I can turn off the spin. I may be wrong, but in any case I use the most gentle procedure possible.

danforz
05-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Air drying in the dryer sounds pretty bada$$. How is it accomplished?

Jim

My drier has the option... you can also just put the pads on the PC and spin them.

danforz
05-27-2007, 01:27 PM
OP what kind of wear are you talking about?

Is the backing coming off or is the foam roughed up and ripped in places??

Are you using rotary or PC?

I just started using the PC (I use rotary all the time but wanted to practice the PC as well) and haven`t had any problems, but it seems many using the PC are seeing their backing plates and pads heat up too much and deform...

I notice threads coming loose from around the sides of the pads when its spinning. The pads also seem to deform a bit when heated during use. Furthermore, do not put your pad in the direr with anything but air dry... my blue pad deformed from one dry (and it was on the lowest possible heated dry setting)