PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s Detailer Line Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

mblgjr
05-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Review added:

Got a sample today from a generous board member. Applied it to Ford tan leather in an `05 F350.

The product is a relatively thin creme. It spreads evenly with ease and has no offensive smell. It reminds me of faint cocoa butter, but with a soap like smell. Not pleasing or offensive and hardly noticeable when applied sparingly.

I applied it to a terry cloth towel and thence to the seat. Spread evenly and worked my way through the cab. I then wiped it down to reduce the slickness/shine. Looks nice, not particularly shiny, but maybe a touch too greasy. I`ll see if it soaks in a bit overnight.

I don`t like it as much as Poorboy`s Leather Stuff; but its half the price and I can work with it a lot faster.

Original post follows below:

Searched around, but noone really has talked about it.

Looking for this to be a general maintenance product. I`ve got four vehicles (3 large trucks) that have leather and need something that I can do every wash to keep the seats freshened.

I`ve been using PB Leather Stuff and like it, but I`m looking for something I can use more frequently and apply quicker.

Anyone used it? Likes/dislikes? Does it do ok on coated leathers (Ford)?

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/products/product_D18001.jpg

Jason M
05-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I use a lot of the Detailer line Leather Conditioner and Cleaner. It works well for me! Decent smell but you can tell it`s based towards production volume detailing. In other words, it works well but I have used other products that smell better. I used it on an F-350 last summer with leather. The only Ford leather I`ve ever worked on. It did it`s job well. The only gripe I have is that it is barely a cleaner. Doesn`t touch deeper stains but does a good job with general grime and dirt. I also like that it seems to penetrate and/or dry quickly. For deeper stains or very dirty leather I always use Meg`s APC first. I think that about covers it!

mblgjr
05-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Does it leave a tacky/stick finish?

As long as doesn`t smell "bad" thats fine.

I love the Hyper Wash and Dressing, so kinda figured it wouldn`t be too bad.

Doesn`t have to deep clean, just light dirt. Otherwise I use Kiwi Saddle soap if things get really dirty and recondition accordingly.

Thanks for the reply!

BlackElantraGT
05-27-2007, 04:50 AM
Like Jason M mentioned, I feel it`s a better conditioner than it is a cleaner. The feeling it leaves on the seat kind of depends on the quality of the leather you are using. On my cheap Hyundai leather and on my father in law`s Mercury Grand Marquis (maybe even cheaper leather than Hyundai?), it`ll leave a somewhat shiny finish with a slightly greasy feel, although it`s not as greasy as other products I`ve used in the past. On more expensive leather, it seems to absorb the product better and IMO, leaves a better looking satin finish. If it`s a bit too oily/greasy for you, you can always buff off with an mf towel.

They use the same smell in this product as the All Season Dressing. It`s kind of hard to describe the smell, but for me it always reminds me of a bad, cheap men`s cologne. It`s not too bad of a smell though, but I can see why some people would not like it.

I don`t use mine once a week like you`re planning on using and I haven`t worked on my interior in awhile, but a gallon should last you for awhile. I`m still on my first 12 oz bottle (have yet to refill from my gallon jug).

It`s not the best stuff, but for the price and the quantity you get, it`s not bad. Would I buy it again? Probably not because I`ll want to try something different by then.

mblgjr
05-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the info. All the trucks sit outside; so even with heat shades the summer sun kinda takes its toll on a regular basis.

I`ve been using the PB Leather Stuff; which works well as a conditioner and the smell is nice. However in the quantity I`ve been using with these huge seats I need something thats functional and economical.

Seems like this may be worth a shot.

vols4me
05-28-2007, 07:16 AM
I`ve been using this product about a year and like it very much.

mblgjr
06-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Review added to original post.