PDA

View Full Version : any gas fitters / grill experts around here..help !!

steck
05-26-2007, 02:18 PM
bought a Jackson grill last year - was on propane, now just got converted to natural gas...

problem is it doesnt seem to get too hot..the installer apparently did get the natural gas conversion complete with different size orifaces (i guess:nixweiss ).. i complained to dealer who sent back someone, who stuck his head in there for a bit...but service guy said it seems to be fine...whatever.

it will get to a little over 400,,,but thats it. even with three burners on high for an hour. the guage reads 425, sometimes 450 but usually just over 400 F. :bawling:

to me, it doesnt seem to grill very well, when it doesnt sear the meat, everything seems to be too well done, with the outside not having that blackened grill look... it was a fairly expensive unit,, and i recall propane being hotter.

anything a guy could do (i heard you could `drill` out the orifaces larger,, but i dunno.)

any help....pls !!!

we have a little broil king at the cottage, and it heats to over 600 and cooks a medium rare steak at 4 min a side !!! which blows away this big hunk of stainless steel POS.

:furious:

TortoiseAWD
05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Are the flames nice and blue, or are the yellow/orange? If the flames are yellow/orange, you may be able to adjust the fuel mix (depending on your grill) to get a leaner (hotter) burn.

Tort