PDA

View Full Version : Water Stick

Pages : [1] 2

Yellowmz3
05-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I was wondering if anyone has used the in line "water stick" deionizer. Very reasonable price, easy refill (inexpensive). Their website is: waterstick.com

Thanks

Rob

joshtpa
05-26-2007, 10:57 AM
I dont think that is the right website.

Yellowmz3
05-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry about that, it`s watersticks.com

NSXTASY
05-26-2007, 06:00 PM
I haven`t tried that, but one of my buddies uses this one from costco and he`s got me seriously considering it.

Costco CR SPOTLESS De-ionized Water Filtration System (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11201522&whse=&topnav=national&browse=)

The waterstick looks interesting, and like you said, inexpensive.

wannafbody
05-26-2007, 06:57 PM
the one attached to a spray nozzel looks interesting. I wonder what the spray pattern is like.

JPDetail
05-26-2007, 09:11 PM
the one attached to a spray nozzel looks interesting. I wonder what the spray pattern is like.

Unless someone beats me to it, I`ll post an update as soon as I get it in my hands. Couldn`t resist adding another toy to the collection... my wife`s gonna kill me! :D

Yellowmz3
05-29-2007, 06:51 AM
I ordered one too. I`ll see if I beat you to the punch

rob

JPDetail
05-30-2007, 08:04 PM
I ordered one too. I`ll see if I beat you to the punch

rob

I`m sure you will.. I have to wait until mine gets past the border. Everything I really want always end up being imported, I can never find local suppliers.

kapinnn
06-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Guys, any feedback on this? I`m wondering if I want the car washing version or the one with higher flow.

JPDetail
06-13-2007, 08:00 AM
I haven`t been able to write a full review w/pics (need a new camera) but I used mine on the weekend just to see how it works. I`ll write one shortly but for first impressions, I would say save your money.

It`s awkward to use. The spray pattern which they don`t show on their site is similar to those fountain heads that you use in a pond (the one that sprays out in a mushroom shape) when you have it open all the way. Another way to describe it - it looks like those fire systems in a building that spray water from the ceiling. It`s like they took that and put it onto the end of the stick..

I was under the impression that it sprays out like a normal nozzle only it shoots out filtered water. Maybe I got a bad batch but I`m definitely not happy with it.

Pros -

- It works as described. I purposely rinsed my car and let it air dry just to see how many (or few) water spots it leaves. It worked well in that aspect, there were only a small amount of spots when it fully dried.

- It has a more powerful output than the Mr Clean Autodry

Cons -

- That stick is too long. If you`re using it in the driveway you need to make sure you have ample space so that you can stand back and point that stick properly.

- The spray pattern is less than desired.

kapinnn
06-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Good thing they accept returns, eh? I`m assuming you got the deionizer one.

I`m thinking of getting their water softener one for cars. It seems like it`s an inline filter so I would still keep my nozzle/pressure washer. I could put quick connects on it so it would only come in the rinsing phase. That unit can also be reactivated as opposed to just replacing the resin. It costs $54.95.

Here is the link for it: ***CAR WASHING WATER SOFTENER*** (http://www.watersticks.com/car.htm)

Is the Mr Clean Auto Dry a true deionizer or just a water softener? I had decent results with it and would be happier if it had a decent flow and better spray pattern.

JPDetail
06-13-2007, 09:31 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe the Auto Dry is just a water softener. Yeah the one I bought was the car washing deionizer that attaches to the end of the hose.

The one thing that I didn`t like with the Auto Dry was the fact that it was so bulky and misted the water. It took me forever to rinse off the car. The pic of the water stick looked big/long but I didn`t really think it was THAT long until I saw it physically.

I`ll probably end up washing my car again sometime this week if not on the weekend. I`ll pick up a new camera and start snapping some shots. I`ll give it the benefit of the doubt and blame it on the fact that it was only my first time using it.. perhaps there`s a technique to it?

AutoCadillac
06-13-2007, 11:15 AM
I just don`t understand these systems. Seems to me you would be spraying salt water on your car. How does this not happen?

mikelea4ever
06-13-2007, 11:47 AM
I haven`t tried that, but one of my buddies uses this one from costco and he`s got me seriously considering it.

Costco CR SPOTLESS De-ionized Water Filtration System (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11201522&whse=&topnav=national&browse=)

The waterstick looks interesting, and like you said, inexpensive.

That thing looks fancy :)

kapinnn
06-13-2007, 12:01 PM
I just don`t understand these systems. Seems to me you would be spraying salt water on your car. How does this not happen?

Which system, the deionizer or water softener?