PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning wash mitts

ty webb
05-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I`ve been hand washing my MF wash mitt, but was wondering if throwing it in the washer when I clean my MF towels would be a better option. I`m a little afraid that hand washing it will not get all the dirt out.

How do you guys prefer to clean out your mitts?

Thanks

joshtpa
05-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I throw mine in the washer with my towels.

Johnnie27
05-25-2007, 01:52 PM
By accident I threw my wash mitt in the washer and it came out super soft and fluffy. I didn`t put it in the dryer, just let it air dry in an open space (inside the house). So far I`ve washed it twice and it looks good. I just make sure to use mild soap, like my son`s baby detergent. I use the Eurow brand from walmart.

J

ty webb
05-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks guys, I`ll try tossing it in with my towels tonight. My car needs a wash and the weather`s perfect today. Also my good friend just took delivery of a 2007 Civic Si today and requested the dealer not to touch the paint so he can come over to use my foam gun and detailing supplies. Needless to say I`ll be going through the MF towels this afternoon.

Old Pirate
05-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Don`t forget to post pic`s of your friends Honda when you guys get done. Would love to see it with its first detail.

ty webb
05-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Definitely, it`s a nice little car. We picked it up over our lunch break. Very sporty and practical with the 4 doors and 30+ highway mpg.

pt91
05-25-2007, 02:54 PM
i wait until i have a few sheepskins that have been used (one wash) then wash them together using all clear detergent and then hang then to dry.

my mitts do not fall apart and are like new each time i use one.

BigAl3
05-25-2007, 03:10 PM
another way i clean my mitts (if i don`t have a big load to put in the washer) is to hold it by the cuff and blast off as much of the dirt, etc.. off with the hose and spray nozzle, and then put it in a clean bucket of water (with the grit guard inside) and soak it until i`m done with the rest of the car (drying, applying dressing, etc). then i agitate it one last time inside the bucket before blasting it again with the hose and nozzle, and then gently squeeze all the water out and swing it out the remains by the cuff. finally, i hang dry it on a pant hanger (with the clips) by the cuff with it open...

ty webb
05-25-2007, 07:49 PM
That`s typically my problem, since I`m usually only washing my car once or twice a week, I don`t generate a bunch of towels/washmitts to put into the washer.

Merche
05-26-2007, 08:56 AM
My bigger problem is cleaning out the washer when I`m done washing all of my cleaning supplies!:nixweiss