PDA

View Full Version : Mixing and matching polishes and pads?

Johnnie27
05-25-2007, 11:21 AM
After reading thousands of posts here I haven`t been able to pin point one answer I`ve been looking for.

I understand that you are supposed to use a cutting pad with cutting polish, a polishing pad with polish and a finishing pad with an LSP. However, I want to know if you are able to mix them up for different results. For example using PB`s polishes...Can I use a heavy cutting pad with SSR1? Or can I use SSR2.5 with a finishing pad? Let`s say I were to run out of SSR2.5 and need something more aggressive. Will using SSR1 with a heavy cutting pad and then use SSR1 with a polishing pad? Will I get the same results as I would`ve using the proper pads to match the polishes?

I think you get the idea.

Thanks,

J

imported_themightytimmah
05-25-2007, 11:47 AM
You can use a less aggressive pad with a more aggressive product via PC, but not the other way around. The only real exception to this rule is a wool pad and light cut polish via rotary - it`s great.

Johnnie27
05-26-2007, 01:23 AM
By using a less aggressive pad, will it reduce the polishing power of the actual polish. I.e. If I were to use SSR2.5 with a polishing pad and then use SSR1 with the same polishing pad, will I get different results?

J