PDA

View Full Version : Tent ot not to Tent?

envirocbr
05-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Is it worth me going to buy a $184 tent? THe thing is heavy as can be, bulky, is it even worth it for my mobile detailing?

I plan on taking 2-3 days out of a month and setting up at a mall or someplace busy to do basic washes and details so I know I will need it then, but that won`t be for like another 3 or 4 months.

Do you use a tent when you are mobile detailing?

joshtpa
05-25-2007, 07:03 AM
No,

I explain to the customer what the downfalls are to being on site, and if they want a full polish and/or full detail, they must bring it to my garage. If they are okay with basic stuff, like a wash and wax, with Clearkote Carnuba Moose (sunlight), then I will do mobile on occasion.

envirocbr
05-25-2007, 07:08 AM
OH! your big time huh? I wish I had it like that!

I use the Paint Sealant in the sun and it works great, panel at a time.

Only problem is, how do I even get people to come to my garage for full details, when there are so many other people doing them outside?

I think I see the disadvantage in doing it mobile, especially when doing interiors.

I heard that polishing and compounding is a bad to do in the sun, is this true?

joshtpa
05-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Im not big time at all...But I live in an area that has provided good word of mouth. If they cannot come to me, I charge extra for mobile and most of the time they will just come to me. Not a big deal.