PDA

View Full Version : First time user of Jeff`s Werkstatt products

ssmokn
05-24-2007, 10:11 AM
OK so you guys cost me more money in that I read positive things about JW and had to buy some stuff.

First I`d like to say that Jeff has a class operation. The website is nice, the order confirmation and shipping was lighting fast and he put a note in the order that was definitely customized to my order (very nice touch).

Last night I tried out some of the product on my 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL which is Steel Blue Metallic.

The paint is in excellent shape. I put about 10 coats of Zaino on a year or so ago and haven`t touched it since except for LSP products like AW. So the Zaino was long gone but due to regular washing etc. the paint is in excellent shape with no swirls or marring. I did have some nasty water spots on the hood that weren`t coming out with a few products I sampled in some small spots. I was going to polish but figured I would try JW first (and it worked).

Here is what I did....

- Washed well with GC saop

- Clayed the entire vehicle with GC/Water as a lube

- Rinsed well and tried with a WW MF

- Applied JW Prime Strong with a PC (very impressed -- removed all the waterspots and the paint looked great)

- Applied JW Acrylic Jett

I plan on topping with AW tomorrow. I`ll see if I can snap a pic or two at lunch today.

I`m VERY pleased with JW products I have tried so far (I have a few more to try yet) and I will be purchasing more from Jeff in the future.

Jeff -- :goodjob all around. You are a class act!

joshtpa
05-24-2007, 10:17 AM
YOu really dont need to top with AW unless you want that specific look. Prime Strong and AJ will give you great durability. Great products that I love as well. Glad you found them.

anubus12
05-24-2007, 10:34 AM
YOu really dont need to top with AW unless you want that specific look. Prime Strong and AJ will give you great durability. Great products that I love as well. Glad you found them.

Which is more durable? JW or Menzerna?

joshtpa
05-24-2007, 10:35 AM
It depends on the product.

ssmokn
05-24-2007, 12:46 PM
For me it is not about the look. The JW products look great on this vehicle in the Steel Blue Metallic. My thinking (and my logic could be flawed) is that adding the AW as an LSP gives me a sacrificial "top coat" that is very quick to reapply. Applying more Acrylic Jett is pretty quick too but not as quick as the AW.

joshtpa
05-24-2007, 12:47 PM
You are right...You can definately do that. JW products look amazing on metallic paint.