PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Clarifications for AG

Pages : [1] 2

RAG
05-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I think the recent AG thread might leave many of us still confused (including me) about the product designations.

-My understanding is that PO85U is FPII (btw, 90% as good as PO106FF for those that don`t want to spend the big bucks).

-The PO83Q (Super Intensive Polish) is the ceramic clear version Intensive Polish. So do you think this means they simply took the IP abrasives and suspended them in their longer-working media (like P106FF)? I realize that the AG site says the SIP is good for 3000 grit marks, but I`m guessing they were trying to make this relative to ceramic particle paint since the regular IP will do 2000 (those numbers don`t mean anything anyway).

-Oh yeah...what is the PO87MC? It sounds like FPII with just a lower percentage of the same abrasives?

porta
05-24-2007, 10:02 AM
PO83Q or PO85RD3.01 or PO85RD3.02 have a totaly different kind of abbrasive compared to PO91L(old Intensive Polish). Smaller and harder.

PO85U is FPII IMO, but I am not sure. Their is not other Menzerna product that can be FPII then PO85U.

Never heard of PO115C until I read the other thread.

AL-53
05-24-2007, 10:14 AM
If PO85U has more cut and less gloss than say 106FF how can it be a final polish....cut of 3 and gloss of 4...were as PO87MC has a cut of 1,5 and gloss of 5...menzerna changes their polish numbers like we change underwear...

PO 85 U テ「竄ャ「 3,0 4,0 white テ「竄ャ「 テ「竄ャ「 2.500

http://www.menzerna.de/files/e_polish%20web.pdf

Glad I just have 3.01 3.0 and 3.02 106FF and 85RD 85RE5..I know those polishes...all those other numbers are confusing....

Al

AudiOn19s
05-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Not to stray but I have yet to try the Super Intensive Polish. How does it stack up to the standard Power Gloss that I`m currently using?

My lineup as of now is:

PG

IP

PO85RD

Andy

porta
05-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Al, where did you find the information about the PO87MC?

I donテざt think itテざs Menzerna Germany who is changing the names. Must be Menzerna USA, I mean...Super intensive polish?

Btw, nice collection you have almost like mine ;) Get the PO106FA, APO60 and S34A we have the same collection.

But if I was going to buy 3 things from Menzerna today it would be:

S34A aka Powergloss

PO85RD3.02 aka Super Intensive Polish II

PO106FF/FA

AL-53
05-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Al, where did you find the information about the PO87MC?

I donテざt think itテざs Menzerna Germany who is changing the names. Must be Menzerna USA, I mean...Super intensive polish?

Btw, nice collection you have almost like mine ;) Get the PO106FA, APO60 and S34A we have the same collection.

But if I was going to buy 3 things from Menzerna today it would be:

S34A aka Powergloss

PO85RD3.02 aka Super Intensive Polish II

PO106FF/FA

Porta..I got that info from Menz USA when I seen PO87MC being offered at a canadian supplier awhile back before I ordered from Daragh and Jose...

the 106FA was not available when I ordered...but have it on reserve....the 3.02 was a surprise..it was from a private stash...lol....I got 1 litre...all they would spare....

now to thow a wrench in things...lol....I heard there is a italian company who makes paint for the exotics that is coming out with a gel polish that is suppose to top menzerna...guess it was shown at Automecknia this year...and also another good one coming out...hard to keep up with them...lol....

I have enough menz now to last a lifetime....

Porta...I found the message that was sent to me...lol....

Micro Polish uses the highest quality finely milled powder to eliminate all haze, swirls, and holograms on all paint

systems. Contains no fillers or glazing material to achieve a permanent ultra high gloss surface quality.

Ref. PO87MC (AKA FPII)

AL

RAG
05-25-2007, 08:37 AM
PO83Q or PO85RD3.01 or PO85RD3.02 have a totaly different kind of abbrasive compared to PO91L(old Intensive Polish). Smaller and harder.

PO85U is FPII IMO, but I am not sure. Their is not other Menzerna product that can be FPII then PO85U.

Never heard of PO115C until I read the other thread.

Thanks. I just might have to try the new SIP then.

But is the SIP listed on AG the same as what Porta is referring to? If not, how are they different?

And lastly, I wonder which one CMA used to make their SRC compound?

RAG
05-25-2007, 08:52 AM
So has anybody yet used the SIP? I used to really like the the original IP but later found the abrasives inferior to those use in HTEC (too big, and left the paint more swirled up than I wanted). But if the new Scratch Resistant Compound or SIP/SIP II uses smaller and harder abrasives, it just might be the ticket...just maybe.

porta
05-25-2007, 08:58 AM
PO83Q should be PO85RD3.01 IE the same as Blackfire SCR compound but with less lubrication.

Is it PO85RD3.02 then itテざs the newest IP and IMO the best polish in the world. We did just a black metallic VW Golf MK4 and with only RD3.02 a rotary and LC orange pad we took out all the swirls and left a LSP ready paint.

All the SRC polishes and compounds uses a different kind of abrasive. Smaller and much harder then the abrasive in the regular polishes.

SuperBee364
05-25-2007, 11:49 AM
PO83Q should be PO85RD3.01 IE the same as Blackfire SCR compound but with less lubrication.

Is it PO85RD3.02 then itテざs the newest IP and IMO the best polish in the world. We did just a black metallic VW Golf MK4 and with only RD3.02 a rotary and LC orange pad we took out all the swirls and left a LSP ready paint.

All the SRC polishes and compounds uses a different kind of abrasive. Smaller and much harder then the abrasive in the regular polishes.

I read somewhere that, in addition to the above statement, there is also double the amount of abrasives in the SRC polishes.

wannafbody
05-25-2007, 01:04 PM
So which is better-the Balckfire or Menzerna?

2StepsAhead
05-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Is the p106ff on ag the same one everyone is talking about on these threads? I see it says its for ceramiclear, I thought some people were saying most cars won`t need something made for ceramiclear?

Bioman
05-25-2007, 04:32 PM

Does AG sell PO85RD3.02? I don`t see it on there.

SuperBee364
05-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Does AG sell PO85RD3.02? I don`t see it on there.

Nope. It can`t be purchased in the U.S. Trust me on this. :)

imported_rydawg
05-25-2007, 09:06 PM
I have used the SIP po83 and have had if for a month now and I have used it on a bunch of cars with great results. I think I posted a Volvo on my click and brags. Works very well on bringing out a very deep gloss while removing swirls in one step.