PDA

View Full Version : What will make my carwashes stand out?

Pages : [1] 2

danforz
05-24-2007, 12:38 AM
...and at the same time cost little money and time? After all I`m charging more for a car wash then the regular car wash...

I was thinking:

-Use a wash&wax

-Use Eagle One NanoWax Spray or Duragloss AW after each wash

-Emphasize the swirl free aspect

Any ideas? What do you guys do in this case?

Thanks as always for your help :usa :buffing:

imported_DieselMDX
05-24-2007, 12:49 AM
a cheap quick bulk QD applied after wash would be quick and improve gloss which would be nice

imported_themightytimmah
05-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Rims... if you get the rims completely clean people like that... the carwash never does.

Washing never worked out well for me, I couldn`t upsell as well as I wanted to and I never made real money unless I could do 4+ washes in one spot (30.00 wash, I could do 4 in 3 hours but travel and setup time killed me).

imported_Denzil
05-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Quick detail spray sounds like the go-to product for those great shiny results.

imported_ajbarnes
05-24-2007, 10:28 AM
+1 for what every one else said.

Using a spray wax/QD application and thoroughly cleaning the wheels and windows will help your services stand out.

I too recently stop providing wash type services due to lack of profit, etc.

Accumulator
05-24-2007, 10:46 AM
...and at the same time cost little money and time? After all I`m charging more for a car wash then the regular car wash...

I was thinking:..

-Emphasize the swirl free aspect...

Speaking as a non-Pro, that`s what would get my business. But I wonder if "normal" people even notice such things....

Invigor
05-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Clean door jambs stand out too.

AMDin93103
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM

Drop the total price of your washes on a multiple vehicle/one location/one invoice client by 10%. As Timmah stated, setup and break-down are killers in this regard. I find the little kicker to be worth it to most. Don`t wash one vehicle at one location unless your time is not of the essence.

Swirl-preventative techniques must be marketed.

Invest in some great wheel brushes and get the backs clean baby. Don`t forget the wheels wells!

When a new face asks you to wash their car, make them twist your arm into it. First explain the differing aspects of your service as compared to Joe Wash so they understand the added value. If the vehicle is in need of a detail, provide the wash but do not leave without a verbal consultation of the care it needs or, at the very least, a written estimate.

Not much to add, I guess. . . just reiterating what was said! :wavey

imported_mirrorfinishman
05-24-2007, 12:47 PM
To most people; a car wash is a car wash. Think about it. Whatever changes you make to your car wash, the public will usually continue to still see it as just a car wash. We all know that detailing is something completely different. Of course, most car washes continue to confuse people by offering quick express details at a low price. Actually there is no crossover between washing a car and detailing a car. They are two completely different things. Two completely different markets. Two completely different demands for each service. Two completely different needs being filled.

BobD
05-24-2007, 12:53 PM
One thing is if you are going to use OTC products put them into nice unmarked bottles. You don`t want people saying, "I could do that! I see those products for sale at WalMart all the time!"

todd@bsaw
05-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I emphasize a clean interior over your typical car wash that includes a vacuum and a quick dress of the interior trim. Most people who have their car just washed appreciate the time taken to make the inside look nice.

imported_Ivan Rajic
05-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I would say most of the statements above give great advice... just to add, dressing the trim, wheel wells and tires is something that stands out a lot

Todd@RUPES
05-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Just charge more. I charge 75 (starting) for a wash and my customers pay it.

xtremekustomz
05-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Location plays a big role in what you can charge and expect people to pay. No one around here would pay $75 to have a vehicle washed. You have to charge what the people are willing to pay or not detail as a job. Not everyone lives in or near a big city where people have alot of money to throw away. In the town that I live in, there are 200 people and the closest major city is an hour away. How many of them do you think are willing to pay $75 to have their car washed when it is going to need it again in at least 2 weeks if not before? "Just charge more" isn`t that easy. As for the original question, I would say just do your best on the vehicle and the main things that stand out to me, other than glossy paint, are EXTREMELY clean windows and wheels. Don`t go overboard with the tire shine. Apply it and buff off the excess. I hate how the places around my area cake the tires up and sling product down the side of the vehicle. Also door jambs are a good idea to clean. Most people don`t even think about that and when they see it done they know you went that extra step.

envirocbr
05-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Spray on wax helps.

Also, Wheel wells!!! Get them clean and use something to dress them to shiny black!

Rain-x on the windshield is a nice topper.