PDA

View Full Version : Looking to ordred from Duragloss

Fallz
05-23-2007, 11:32 PM
What are the must haves ?

there are 3 polishes ? which one works best ? I kind of would like an AIO type of product .

Besides AW what else should I order as far as tire dressing .

How is the detail spray ( Fast clean & shine ) ?

Anything else ?

johnle
05-24-2007, 12:42 AM
detailing spray is good, as for tire dressings take your pick (Duragloss Rubber/Tire Dressings (http://www.duragloss.com/catalog.asp?catid=95))

i use 601, 105 and AW. I hear 101 is like an AIO

RobD
05-24-2007, 06:55 AM
People here say their car wash is very good, too. It cleans well and is very slick. I haven`t tried it yet, but I want to.

TigerMike
05-24-2007, 07:10 AM
For a complete first order, you need: 105 TPP, Aquawax, FastClean&Shine QD, Car Wash Concentrate, and the UD dressing which works great on interior surfaces and tires too.

AL-53
05-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Fallguy....

For a good starter kit...here is a good one

101 as a strong AIO ..but is a good sealant also..I use it as a base for 105 at times...

105..thier newest and best sealant...very durable and super looks...has a very mild cleaner in it..but not very strong...

PBA..the bonding agent..not really needed ...but does improve the durability ...I use 101 instead at times...

AW.. use monthly or every 6 weeks..this stuff lasts...use on alls surfaces..like glass..trim...and paint...

Fast Clean and Shine...real nice cleaning detailer...gives a very slick and glossy finish...use weekly if needed

901 shampoo...this is a must if using DG products..it compliments it very good...it leaves a very nice finish and will not harm the finish...

for rubber ...Duragloss TMD (Tire & Mat Dressing)..spray it on and wipe it down a minute later..

hope this helps

AL

NewOwner FL
05-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Crazy question here: is the DG 901 Shampoo supposed to be orange or red? My local CarQuest has both colors and I asked and employee and they said one of the colors is the old formula, but couldn`t tell me if it was orange or red. So, I bought the red.

TigerMike
05-24-2007, 07:47 AM
The DG shampoo has been red as long as I can remember. If they had some that was orange, it must be really really old. I have used DG products for several years, and can never remember the wash being orange.

AL-53
05-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Glad you got the red...the orange may have been very old and sun faded...or may have been the Marine version..the Marine version is the same as the auto one but with a different scent to it...DG said they are both the same stuff...sometimes you see the Marine stuff cheaper...LOL

Al

NewOwner FL
05-24-2007, 08:44 AM
What swayed the jury on the color was some gallon sized jugs of the red stuff on a lower shelf. I figured that if those were red, then I would go with red as well. Haven`t gotten to try the DG shampoo yet, but hopefully tonight.

TigerMike
05-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Haven`t gotten to try the DG shampoo yet, but hopefully tonight.

I think you will really like it! Very slick, lots o` suds, rinses very clean, good cleaning power, nice smell, leaves a nice shine....very good shampoo. It replaced Zaino Z7 in my arsenal that I used to regard as the best shampoo.

Fallz
05-24-2007, 08:50 AM
I was going to just use 101 as a base and maintain with the QO and the AW. I have multiple coats of AW on and it looks deep and wet. It does not seem to mute the metallic either. I recently purchased some 203 (locally) vinyl

l and leather treatment / cleaner and it works nice on the inside .

I found some stuff at a local small auto store ( only local one that carries ) and a lot of their stuff if pretty dusty on the shelves.