PDA

View Full Version : How much for a Hummer? LOL!!!

mose
05-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Probably not what you were expecting......but I need to know what I can get away with on a Black H2. Everytime I see one on the street the first thing outta my mouth is, "Man...I hope I never have to do one of those". There just seems to be SO many little nooks and crannies and stuff in the way....I don`t know......it just looks like a ton of work. Not that I am adverse to the work....I am just wondering if I can make enough on it to make it worth my while.

My trucks and SUV`s start at $275. The first amount that popped into my head when the guy asked me about it was $400. I live in Sacramento and was wondering if this was a fair price. You guys have seen my work and know what I am capable of....what do ya think?

Wetwerks
05-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Does your potential customer already know your SUV pricing? If so then you need to stay in your price range or it might raise a red flag. As for nooks and crannies...I find that the F250 and 350 super crews to be more work than an H2, I`ll take an H2 over the 80 yards of sheet metal those full size trucks pack. LOL

If you pricing starts there...then maybe $350 range for the H2. You offer any add ons that you can upsale? Wheel sealant, fab protectant, etc. I can easily see it reaching $400 or more if you sell it right.

Walter

Co-owner

ben_r_
05-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey cool, a fellow Sacramentan! Nice to know!

mose
05-23-2007, 11:39 AM
WETWERKS: He doesn`t know what I charge as of yet. I think you are right on the $350 mark though. Really? An F250/350 more work? I just figured with all the corners and hood buckles and what not in the way that it would be a PITA to polish out. Good to hear another viewpoint!!

Yes.....I have add-ons that I could hit him with. I will look into that......Thanks!!

ben-r-:

What part of Sac are you in?

joshtpa
05-23-2007, 11:47 AM
I can tell you that detailing an H2 is not fun.

Wetwerks
05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, the H2`s can be a pain to some degree...then it is all relative really. Every vehicle can be a pain depending on the condition. I`ve done several big 4x4`s in the past few weeks and they really kicked my butt. I`m sure the sun had something to do with it, because I was unable to pull them into my garage. Near 90 degrees and 80% humidity will sap your energy level big time!!

If anyone knows about a black H2, then joshtpa is the goto guy.

Get some pics up if you close the deal! Good luck.

Walter

Co-owner

joshtpa
05-23-2007, 12:04 PM
What products do you plan on using on it?

ZaneO
05-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Just a wash and vacuum takes about 2 hours, IME, so I`d figure 8 hours for a complete detail.

mose
05-23-2007, 12:50 PM
JOSHTPA:

I haven`t even thought about products yet. Depending on the condition I would probably start with either OP or PB SSR 2.5. Work my way down and finish with KAIO. I would probably top with either Natty`s Blue or Megs #16 and finish with AW. Any other suggestions?

GlossyTundra
05-23-2007, 01:35 PM
$400 for a hummer detail!!!! God I wish I could get those prices. Most expensive thing I have done so far in my 5yrs of detailing was $250.

Must be a californian thing, rednecks around here just think a wax is ok.

Junebug
05-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Damn - I did an Expedition for $125 - for a "friend" that was going to hook me up with several more cars and that never worked out!

joshtpa
05-23-2007, 03:25 PM
JOSHTPA:

I haven`t even thought about products yet. Depending on the condition I would probably start with either OP or PB SSR 2.5. Work my way down and finish with KAIO. I would probably top with either Natty`s Blue or Megs #16 and finish with AW. Any other suggestions?

That sounds pretty good. KAIO works very well on H2 paint. As does 2.5. I am a big fan of Nattys blue on the paint. I think it works very well.

Wetwerks
05-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Everything you listed will work well on the H2 which essentially is GM paint. I really like Natty`s blue on GM black.

Walter