PDA

View Full Version : Are you read to switch from a PC to a Rotary?

valdeztke
05-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Well I have a brand new PC 7428 that I thought I would be able to LEARN on - come to find out I`m screwing up more than I am fixing.

I`d like to see if someone in the local Northern VA area would like to swap out their used PC 7424 for my new PC7428 Rotary 6 speed polisher. I have two hook and loop attachments and 6 wool pads (yuck).

Thanks

Please email me at juan.barnett@gmail.com if you are interested as I don`t get on this site much.

joshtpa
05-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Probably should move this to the traders post.

BigJimZ28
05-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Why did you double post this?

valdeztke
05-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Why did you double post this?

I`m new here ... easy fellas ;)

I didnt know you had a trader post nor did I know I would get 10 PM`s telling me you CANT SELL STUFF HERE NOOB. :rules:

Man, talk about love :sadpace:

ben_r_
05-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Wow, sounds like a heck of a deal to me for those who are willing to make the jump.

valdeztke
05-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Wow, sounds like a heck of a deal to me for those who are willing to make the jump.

I agree. Anyone interested?

Junebug
05-30-2007, 06:44 AM
C`mon dude - don`t give in, get with another detailer and learn a few tips. I have a PC and a Makita and except for vertical panels, the Makita is my only choice. The thing with vertical panels is the weight, but hey, I need to get in shape anyway!

valdeztke
05-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Well I ditched the wool pads and had some LC CSS pads come in yesterday. I`m going to see if I can find someone in my area thats expierenced to help me learn. I have a black 2005 Corvette that I just picked up and the owner must have run it through an auto wash twice a week a believe - talk about swirls and spiderwebs!

I also picked up some XMT#3 Swirl Remover and XMT#2 Fine Swirl Remover. I already have some Adams Polish and buttery wax. I picked up a bottle of REJEX as well for the wheels.

As far as the weight of the machine - I`ve been lifting weights for years now. I`m actually pretty jack diesel :chuckle:

Like I told coupe I`m going to give it a shot with the new pads and XMT. We`ll see what happens.

valdeztke
07-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Still looking to get rid of this. Anyone willing to trade some pads for it :)

Paulie Walnuts
07-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Ive already got both of those machines and my UDM will be here tomorrow. The PC Rotary is nice but damn its heavy

imported_DetailDan
07-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Starting out with a rotary and wool pads is a big no no. I believe thats the most aggressive combo. If you want to be using a rotary, then you should be using foam pads. 5 1/4 or 6.5". Make sure the cutting pads are wave pads, unless they are LC CCS pads like you got.

The XMT polish will break down really fast when using the rotary. A lot of people dont like XMT with rotary for that reason. Optimum or Menzerna is a better choice. I also doubt youll be able to get the paint 90% swirl free with XMT 3 on a rotary.